Police investigate Breaking Bad style drugs lab on Hampstead Heath
- Credit: Archant
A Breaking Bad style drugs lab has been discovered on Hampstead Heath, with police investigating the site for the last two days.
Officers were called at 2.30pm yesterday to reports of chemicals and suspicious items found on the Heath, near the East Heath Road car park.
A number of containers were found covered up in a wooded area nearby.
A cordon has been in place for more than 24-hours as specialist officers have been at the scene investigating the items. A police blue tent is currently on the Heath in an area officers are examining.
According to police: “The material recovered has now been assessed and is believed to be substances used in the manufacture of controlled drugs.”
You may also want to watch:
The Met has not confirmed the exact chemicals or drugs found.
There has been no arrests, and police enquiries are continuing.
- 1 Rabindranath Tagore's Hampstead home on the market for £2.65m
- 2 Hampstead house ravaged by early morning blaze
- 3 Hundreds of activists descend on north London incinerator demanding end to rebuild
- 4 Artist who captures North London's 'special light'
- 5 'It's madness': Queues block north London roads amid petrol shortage
- 6 Petrol station forecourts closed and long queues in north London
- 7 Haverstock Hill petrol station 'assault' arrest as motorists queue for fuel
- 8 Man charged with Haringey murder and victim named
- 9 Pure Gym to open in Crouch End
- 10 Meet the entrepreneur helping Londoners find the cool dining spots