Police investigate Breaking Bad style drugs lab on Hampstead Heath
- Credit: Archant
A Breaking Bad style drugs lab has been discovered on Hampstead Heath, with police investigating the site for the last two days.
Officers were called at 2.30pm yesterday to reports of chemicals and suspicious items found on the Heath, near the East Heath Road car park.
A number of containers were found covered up in a wooded area nearby.
A cordon has been in place for more than 24-hours as specialist officers have been at the scene investigating the items. A police blue tent is currently on the Heath in an area officers are examining.
According to police: “The material recovered has now been assessed and is believed to be substances used in the manufacture of controlled drugs.”
You may also want to watch:
The Met has not confirmed the exact chemicals or drugs found.
There has been no arrests, and police enquiries are continuing.
- 1 Falling stonework narrowly misses outdoor diners at Crouch End cafe
- 2 Haringey Council leader ousted by rival in Labour group vote
- 3 Lane closure scrapped after high pollution readings double
- 4 Hampstead man jailed for pub 'revenge attack' on Jewish Tory barrister
- 5 Obituary: 'Striking and beautiful' north London mother Mary Collins
- 6 Revealed: The five most polluted places in Camden
- 7 Hundreds oppose Hampstead Heath dog walker licence scheme
- 8 'I want to make a difference': new leader for Haringey Council
- 9 Anorexia was nurtured and nourished by lockdown – and the media
- 10 Crouch End join cricketing and cultural exchange programme