Police investigate Breaking Bad style drugs lab on Hampstead Heath
- Credit: Archant
A Breaking Bad style drugs lab has been discovered on Hampstead Heath, with police investigating the site for the last two days.
Officers were called at 2.30pm yesterday to reports of chemicals and suspicious items found on the Heath, near the East Heath Road car park.
A number of containers were found covered up in a wooded area nearby.
A cordon has been in place for more than 24-hours as specialist officers have been at the scene investigating the items. A police blue tent is currently on the Heath in an area officers are examining.
According to police: “The material recovered has now been assessed and is believed to be substances used in the manufacture of controlled drugs.”
You may also want to watch:
The Met has not confirmed the exact chemicals or drugs found.
There has been no arrests, and police enquiries are continuing.
- 1 Covid, O2, police, village square, Notting Hill Genesis and the Suburb
- 2 Women attacked by wrench-wielding man in Hampstead
- 3 South Hampstead neighbours mourn tree felled by Storm Christoph
- 4 Keeping your distance: Hampstead joggers and creperie crowds
- 5 Crouch End's 'Paul the Paper' bids farewell to Broadway stall
- 6 Buyers claim luxury flats are 'nightmare' construction site
- 7 'Big victory,' says man behind Haverstock Hill cycle lanes legal challenge
- 8 Every single critical care bed full at hospitals
- 9 Hampstead families aim to raise £50,000 to feed Royal Free medics
- 10 Obituary: Psychotherapist and author Dr Joseph Berke