Harry Styles: Reports that pop star was mugged in Hampstead on Valentine’s Day
- Credit: PA
Harry Styles was robbed at knifepoint on Valentine’s Day in Hampstead.
The former One Direction singer, 26, handed over cash after he was confronted by a mugger in Spaniard's Road during a night out, according to the Mirror Online.
Scotland Yard confirmed the force is investigating a knifepoint robbery in the area.
A statement said: "Officers were contacted on Saturday February 15 regarding the incident which happened at 11.50pm on Friday February 14.
"It was reported that a man in his 20s was approached by another man and threatened him with a knife.
You may also want to watch:
"The victim was not injured however, cash was taken from him. No arrests and enquiries are ongoing."
Styles, who lives nearby, performed at the Brit Awards on Tuesday night.
- 1 'Picture of health': Mum's tribute to son who died of sudden cardiac arrest
- 2 Piers Plowright: 'An extraordinary force, devoted to Hampstead'
- 3 The Vagina Museum searches for new home as Camden Market leases end
- 4 Tennis coach 'distraught' at losing Belsize role amid club row
- 5 Haverstock Hill cycle lanes given the green light
- 6 Police investigate reported rape of teenager
- 7 Clapped in the street - and assaulted: Staff call for behaviour change in A&E
- 8 Barnet Council called in bailiffs over non-existent council tax bill
- 9 London Zoo's aviary unwrapped to create new monkey home
- 10 Ken Clarke's Infected Blood Inquiry words were 'offensive' – campaigners
Last year, homeless Pablo Tarazaga-Orero, 26, was banned from going within 250 metres of the star after he was convicted of stalking, having spent months camped outside his house.