Haringey police find illegal stuffed lion’s head and monkey skin during raid
- Credit: Archant
Haringey police officers have seized a stuffed lion’s head among other illegal animal items in a raid today.
Officers carried out a search warrant at a property in an undisclosed location at about 8am after seeing exotic and endangered animal items for sale online.
When they searched the property under the Control of Trade in Endangered Species (Enforcement) Regulation 1997, they seized the fanged beast’s head as well as part of a sawfish, monkey skin, three tortoise shells, three lumps of coral and four clams.
Inspector Jonathan Waterfield said: “This was really good work by one of our officers, who got a warrant and proactively dealt with it.
“It might not make the headlines like robberies and burglaries but this still matters and it is still an offence.”
You may also want to watch:
MPS Haringey tweeted two images of Pc Lodge, the borough’s wildlife liaison officer, holding up the lion’ss head and the sawfish part today.
A man is being interviewed by police in connection with the raid.
- 1 Muswell Hill man captures picture of car bursting into flames in high street
- 2 Primrose Hill 'Howloween' party to support rescue dogs
- 3 'Forever grateful': Community steps up after man's dog dies on Hampstead Heath
- 4 Coldplay and Ed Sheeran to perform at Earthshot Prize ceremony at Ally Pally
- 5 Flick Rea: Community celebrates 'Empress of West Hampstead'
- 6 Muswell Hill couple slam planning laws as chipboard outhouse appears
- 7 West Hampstead mum Nazanin 'loses appeal' in Iran
- 8 Tributes paid to Primrose Hill mother-of-four as fundraiser launched
- 9 'Unacceptable': Ofsted inspection reveals failures of Haringey Council SEND
- 10 Supermarkets report shortages as shelves left empty
Officers are carrying out further examination of the items before deciding whether to return the products or make arrests.
No arrests have yet been made.