Handyman accused of sexually assaulting Highgate student
A handyman sexually assaulted a student in Highgate while visiting her home to carry out repairs, a court heard.
Pjeter Marvata, 41, forced his hand between the young woman’s legs while she was home alone, jurors were told.
When the 22-year-old rejected his advances, Marvata approached her with his fly undone, asked whether she had a boyfriend before allegedly asking: “Why don’t you let me f**k you?”
Marvata tried to buy the young woman’s silence by thrusting a wad of �50 notes at her during the incident at her home at around 8am on September 27 last year, Snaresbrook Crown Court heard on Tuesday (July 17).
Prosecutor Mandy McLean told the jury that Marvata had spent a number of years working as a handyman for the woman’s family.
You may also want to watch:
In a police interview, Marvata admitted he was at the address and was alone with the woman, but denied sexually assaulting her.
He insisted the claims were made up because the woman’s father did not want to pay him for work he had done.
- 1 How Agatha Christie spent the war in Hampstead
- 2 The Magdala returns as pubs and restaurants reopen indoors on May 17
- 3 Bailed: Men arrested in connection with antisemitic abuse in St John's Wood
- 4 Teenage girls banned from Camden after Hampstead robbery spree
- 5 Burger King launches its first 'dark kitchen' for north London deliveries
- 6 'No one cares': Mother claims 'horrible' leaks and mould left ignored
- 7 Hampstead man 'scammed out of £700' by DPD worker
- 8 Barnet councillor leaves Tory group over 'personal matter'
- 9 Huge summer window awaits Daniel Levy at Tottenham Hotspur
- 10 Residents bid farewell to Highgate Station’s beloved black cat
Marvata, of Field Road in Hammersmith, denies a single count of sexual assault.
The trial continues.