Handyman accused of sexually assaulting Highgate student
A handyman sexually assaulted a student in Highgate while visiting her home to carry out repairs, a court heard.
Pjeter Marvata, 41, forced his hand between the young woman’s legs while she was home alone, jurors were told.
When the 22-year-old rejected his advances, Marvata approached her with his fly undone, asked whether she had a boyfriend before allegedly asking: “Why don’t you let me f**k you?”
Marvata tried to buy the young woman’s silence by thrusting a wad of �50 notes at her during the incident at her home at around 8am on September 27 last year, Snaresbrook Crown Court heard on Tuesday (July 17).
Prosecutor Mandy McLean told the jury that Marvata had spent a number of years working as a handyman for the woman’s family.
You may also want to watch:
In a police interview, Marvata admitted he was at the address and was alone with the woman, but denied sexually assaulting her.
He insisted the claims were made up because the woman’s father did not want to pay him for work he had done.
- 1 Covid, O2, police, village square, Notting Hill Genesis and the Suburb
- 2 Pictures: Fun for families as the snow arrives on Hampstead Heath
- 3 Teenager dies after stabbing in Archway
- 4 Women attacked by wrench-wielding man in Hampstead
- 5 The snow is beautiful and fun - but during Covid we must stick to the rules
- 6 Arsenal boss Mikel Arteta expecting another tough game against Southampton
- 7 Man detained after series of attacks on women in Hampstead
- 8 South Hampstead neighbours mourn tree felled by Storm Christoph
- 9 Buyers claim luxury flats are 'nightmare' construction site
- 10 Haverstock Hill cycle lanes order scrapped by Camden Council
Marvata, of Field Road in Hammersmith, denies a single count of sexual assault.
The trial continues.