Hampstead woman clubbed with iron bar by masked attacker as she opens front door
A woman was clubbed with an iron bar by a masked attacker as he tried to force his way into her Hampstead home.
The 61-year-old victim was attacked when she opened her front door in Gainsborough Gardens to a visitor at 4.25pm on Tuesday (November 20).
She tried to shut the door on her attacker, but he continued to try and force his way in.
She called our for help and the man ran off.
The victim was treated by paramedics at the scene for a 4cm cut to her forehead before being taken to a hospital in north London for further treatment.
You may also want to watch:
The attacker is described as a 5ft 10inch white man of medium build, wearing a black balaclava and black gloves, and a tanned-coloured jacket, with a gruff English accent.
Det Con Amanda Haldenby said: “This was a vicious and apparently unprovoked attack and I urge anyone who may have any information at all, to contact us so that we can find the man responsible.
- 1 Swimmers find exotic python lurking outside lido
- 2 'Unacceptable': Fury over Crouch End roadworks diverting W5 bus
- 3 MP bemoans closure of Lloyds Bank in Muswell Hill
- 4 Squares Pizzeria: Authentic Italian meets effortless elegance
- 5 'Bravery and courage': Fred Barnes plaque unveiled in Maida Vale
- 6 Objectors fear housing plans threaten chance of Highgate pub return
- 7 Christmas at Kenwood light trail gets go-ahead
- 8 North London police officer suspended and charged with theft
- 9 Heroic walker who raised thousands for charity dies aged 101
- 10 Top spooky Halloween events in Hampstead and Highgate
“You may have heard or seen something in the area which at the time may have seemed insignificant.
“However, please come forward as your information could be vital.”
Anyone with information is asked to call Camden Police on 101 or Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.