Hampstead woman clubbed with iron bar by masked attacker as she opens front door
A woman was clubbed with an iron bar by a masked attacker as he tried to force his way into her Hampstead home.
The 61-year-old victim was attacked when she opened her front door in Gainsborough Gardens to a visitor at 4.25pm on Tuesday (November 20).
She tried to shut the door on her attacker, but he continued to try and force his way in.
She called our for help and the man ran off.
The victim was treated by paramedics at the scene for a 4cm cut to her forehead before being taken to a hospital in north London for further treatment.
You may also want to watch:
The attacker is described as a 5ft 10inch white man of medium build, wearing a black balaclava and black gloves, and a tanned-coloured jacket, with a gruff English accent.
Det Con Amanda Haldenby said: “This was a vicious and apparently unprovoked attack and I urge anyone who may have any information at all, to contact us so that we can find the man responsible.
- 1 Jeremy Corbyn launches Peace and Justice Project with calls to action
- 2 Arsenal boss Arteta worried about player burnout
- 3 O2 Centre: developer Landsec 'looking to re-provide' Sainsbury's
- 4 Is lockdown working in north London? Here's what the latest data tells us
- 5 Homeschooling in lockdown: Top tips for a north London parent
- 7 Crouch End Vampires help feed homeless with soup kitchen fundraiser
- 8 Joan Bakewell fires legal threat to government over second Covid jab
- 9 Lord's Cricket Ground used as Covid-19 vaccination centre
- 10 Ozil travels to Turkey as Arsenal exit looms
“You may have heard or seen something in the area which at the time may have seemed insignificant.
“However, please come forward as your information could be vital.”
Anyone with information is asked to call Camden Police on 101 or Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.