Hampstead spiritual healer charged with fraud over Amazon shaman healing scam
- Credit: PA Archive/Press Association Images
A spiritual healer from Hampstead has been charged with fraudulently taking money from people to send to a Shaman in the Amazon jungle on the promise of carrying out healing.
Juliette D’Souza, 59, of Perrin’s Lane, allegedly said the money would be sent to a healer in the Suriname jungle, part of the Amazon rainforest.
Once there she claimed it would be hung from or buried under a sacred tree.
The people she allegedly took money from over a number of years had a variety of problems and D’Souza claimed she could heal them working with spirits.
She will stand trial at Blackfriars Crown Court charged with 20 counts of obtaining property by deception and three counts of fraud.
You may also want to watch:
D’Souza has pleaded not guilty to all charges.
- 1 Hundreds gather on Primrose Hill to mourn Nicole Hurley
- 2 Hundreds arrested after police crackdown on county lines
- 3 Primrose Hill candlelight vigil to celebrate life of Nicole Hurley
- 4 Kentish Town teen creates football team to 'bring community together'
- 5 Hampstead Miss Universe GB finalist champions mixed-heritage representation
- 6 'Let's save The Victoria pub in Highgate'
- 7 Guilty: Kentish Town man convicted of murdering Jack Ampadu
- 8 Jailed: Man who murdered friend Jack Ampadu in Kentish Town
- 9 Man charged with murder of Nicole Hurley in Primrose Hill
- 10 Former pupils launch creative fund to honour inspirational teacher