Hampstead School boy armed himself with knife in self defence
- Credit: PA Archive/Press Association Images
A pupil at Hampstead School armed himself with a kitchen knife to guard against an attack at school, a court heard yesterday.
The schoolboy wrapped the 3inch blade in a handkerchief, concealed it in a JD Sports bag and smuggled it into school on the last day of term before the Christmas break on December 21.
He claimed he was only going to use the knife in self defence to protect himself from an older boy.
During an altercation between the two teenagers, one of the defendant’s classmates snatched the bag from his grasp for fear that he might use the weapon, Highbury Corner Magistrates Court heard on Wednesday.
The West Hampstead boy pleaded guilty to possessing an offensive weapon on school premises.
You may also want to watch:
He will be sentenced at Highbury Corner Magistrates Court on January 30.
- 1 Jeremy Corbyn launches Peace and Justice Project with calls to action
- 2 Arsenal boss Arteta worried about player burnout
- 3 O2 Centre: developer Landsec 'looking to re-provide' Sainsbury's
- 4 Is lockdown working in north London? Here's what the latest data tells us
- 5 Homeschooling in lockdown: Top tips for a north London parent
- 6 Arsenal 'showing maturity' says David Luiz
- 7 Arsenal column: Granit Xhaka the stand out performer since Boxing Day but some of his senior professionals continue to disappoint
- 8 Joan Bakewell fires legal threat to government over second Covid jab
- 9 Lord's Cricket Ground used as Covid-19 vaccination centre
- 10 Ozil travels to Turkey as Arsenal exit looms