Hampstead School boy armed himself with knife in self defence
- Credit: PA Archive/Press Association Images
A pupil at Hampstead School armed himself with a kitchen knife to guard against an attack at school, a court heard yesterday.
The schoolboy wrapped the 3inch blade in a handkerchief, concealed it in a JD Sports bag and smuggled it into school on the last day of term before the Christmas break on December 21.
He claimed he was only going to use the knife in self defence to protect himself from an older boy.
During an altercation between the two teenagers, one of the defendant’s classmates snatched the bag from his grasp for fear that he might use the weapon, Highbury Corner Magistrates Court heard on Wednesday.
The West Hampstead boy pleaded guilty to possessing an offensive weapon on school premises.
You may also want to watch:
He will be sentenced at Highbury Corner Magistrates Court on January 30.
- 1 Buyers launch legal action after £75k bill for flammable cladding
- 2 Senior councillors knew of chance to buy office block for £12m less than they paid
- 3 New Belsize restaurant Cinder enjoys busy opening after lockdown delays
- 4 Abandoned burger trailer finally removed from Muswell Hill street
- 5 Car crashes through South Hampstead garden wall - cyclist seriously injured
- 6 'Peace and Quiet' of Muswell Hill in band's new video
- 7 When Prince's Sign o' the Times shop opened in Camden
- 8 Temple Fortune's Cohens Jewellers celebrates turning 50 - a year late
- 9 'Football is everything': Camden United on tackling knife crime and supporting community
- 10 Boy George and Bananarama join Kenwood 2021 concert line up