Hampstead School boy armed himself with knife in self defence
- Credit: PA Archive/Press Association Images
A pupil at Hampstead School armed himself with a kitchen knife to guard against an attack at school, a court heard yesterday.
The schoolboy wrapped the 3inch blade in a handkerchief, concealed it in a JD Sports bag and smuggled it into school on the last day of term before the Christmas break on December 21.
He claimed he was only going to use the knife in self defence to protect himself from an older boy.
During an altercation between the two teenagers, one of the defendant’s classmates snatched the bag from his grasp for fear that he might use the weapon, Highbury Corner Magistrates Court heard on Wednesday.
The West Hampstead boy pleaded guilty to possessing an offensive weapon on school premises.
You may also want to watch:
He will be sentenced at Highbury Corner Magistrates Court on January 30.
- 1 London Zoo's aviary unwrapped to create new monkey home
- 2 Police investigate reported rape of teenager
- 3 Tennis coach 'distraught' at losing Belsize role amid club row
- 4 Arsenal start pre-season with win over Chelsea but dealt blow with Jordan Nobbs injury
- 5 'Safe and secure home' - Camden takes landlord to court over eviction threat
- 6 Car driver arrested after crash with van in Camden Town
- 7 'Time for banks to share a Crouch End branch'
- 8 E-scooters set for Camden as council boss backs rental trial
- 9 Motorcyclist in 'life-threatening' condition after collision with a car in Maida Vale
- 10 Harry Kane: Boyhood club cult status or chase that silverware?