Hampstead School boy armed himself with knife in self defence
- Credit: PA Archive/Press Association Images
A pupil at Hampstead School armed himself with a kitchen knife to guard against an attack at school, a court heard yesterday.
The schoolboy wrapped the 3inch blade in a handkerchief, concealed it in a JD Sports bag and smuggled it into school on the last day of term before the Christmas break on December 21.
He claimed he was only going to use the knife in self defence to protect himself from an older boy.
During an altercation between the two teenagers, one of the defendant’s classmates snatched the bag from his grasp for fear that he might use the weapon, Highbury Corner Magistrates Court heard on Wednesday.
The West Hampstead boy pleaded guilty to possessing an offensive weapon on school premises.
You may also want to watch:
He will be sentenced at Highbury Corner Magistrates Court on January 30.
- 1 Hundreds gather on Primrose Hill to mourn Nicole Hurley
- 2 'Let's save The Victoria pub in Highgate'
- 3 Primrose Hill candlelight vigil to celebrate life of Nicole Hurley
- 4 Kentish Town teen creates football team to 'bring community together'
- 5 Hundreds arrested after police crackdown on county lines
- 6 Hampstead Miss Universe GB finalist champions mixed-heritage representation
- 7 Koko to return with extra venues and community spaces for musicians
- 8 Guilty: Kentish Town man convicted of murdering Jack Ampadu
- 9 Former pupils launch creative fund to honour inspirational teacher
- 10 Man charged with murder of Nicole Hurley in Primrose Hill