Multi-million pound Hampstead Police Station put up for sale as ‘boutique hotel or flats’
- Credit: submitted
Hampstead Police Station has been put on the property market as the last officers finally left the building – with a boutique hotel cited as a possible future use.
Viewings have begun at the Grade II-listed station in Rosslyn Hill, Hampstead, which went on sale with estate agent Knight Frank last week before closing its doors on Monday.
An assessment of “development potential” has been produced by property consultants CgMs.
The report says converting the building for housing is the best option, but a boutique hotel “may be suitable” as well.
The consultants’ report adds: “With excellent transport links and walking distance from outdoor amenity space, including Hampstead Heath, this site is ideally located for its conversion into flats or houses.”
You may also want to watch:
The sales brochure also suggests an extension of four or five storeys could be built at the back of the building, over the car park, while basement excavation is another option.
New free school Abacus Belsize, which had hoped to take on the 1913 building, will now have to bid on the open market.
- 1 Famous Hampstead Heath love swan Mrs Newbie dies
- 2 Guilty: Kentish Town man convicted of murdering Jack Ampadu
- 3 'Feels like a runway': Hampstead residents call for LED lamp post change
- 4 'Heart of the community': Muswell Hill Library celebrates 90 years
- 5 'Victim-blaming': Disabled woman fears leaving flat after neighbour's abuse
- 6 Man, 26, stabbed in Camden 'fight'
- 7 Italian sandwich bar set to open in Hampstead phone box
- 8 'State pension must be raised or older people face a dismal future'
- 9 Prince William brings environmental Earthshot Prize ceremony to Ally Pally
- 10 West Hampstead Women's Institute celebrates 10-year milestone
The school opens in September but only has a temporary two-year home agreed at the old Hampstead Town Hall in Haverstock Hill, Belsize Park.
The Mayor of London, Boris Johnson, has pledged to help 10 new free schools by providing public buildings deemed surplus to requirements.
Abacus was hoping to find a permanent base at Hampstead Police Station under that scheme.