Hampstead Heath burglary: ‘More than £1m’ in jewels, clothes and cash stolen while a mum was home with her kids
- Credit: Archant
A mansion on the edge of Hampstead Heath was “brazenly ransacked” and saw £1m of jewellery stolen - while a mum and her children were on the premises.
The Metropolitan Police have now appealed for help finding an unknown number of burglars who took part in the crime on November 14.
The home, on Hampstead Lane, Highgate, was raided at around 5pm, while the mum - in her thirties - was inside with her children.
The burglars eventually made off out of a first floor window with more than £1m worth of jewellery, designer clothing and a substantial amount of cash.
Investigating officer Det Insp Paul Ridley said: "Burglary is an extremely intrusive crime and the effect is often compounded further when the occupants are at home. This is an aggravating feature of this case as the victim was present with her young children when the burglars have forced entry, scaling the wall of the mansion and brazenly ransacking the premises."
You may also want to watch:
Scotland Yard have released images of some of the "distinctive and rare" jewellery that was stolen, and are asking anyone who has been offered it for sale to come forward.
"I can assure you that all information will be treated in confidence and will be acted upon by my investigation team - I need the names of these intruders as a priority."
- 1 Burger King launches its first 'dark kitchen' for north London deliveries
- 2 Arrests made after reports of antisemitic abuse in St John's Wood
- 3 Residents bid farewell to Highgate Station’s beloved black cat
- 4 The Magdala returns as pubs and restaurants reopen indoors on May 17
- 5 Indian variant of Covid-19 - what's the situation in London?
- 6 Barnet councillor leaves Tory group over 'personal matter'
- 7 Zookeeper's sponsored swim as London Zoo reopens indoor areas
- 8 Singing in a choir can 'change the world and boost mental health'
- 9 Lane closure scrapped after high pollution readings double
- 10 Hampstead man jailed for pub 'revenge attack' on Jewish Tory barrister
Anyone with information is asked to contact police on 101 or tweet @MetCC quoting reference CAD 6371/14 NOV.
Otherwise, witnesses can contact Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.