Hampstead Heath burglary: ‘More than £1m’ in jewels, clothes and cash stolen while a mum was home with her kids
- Credit: Archant
A mansion on the edge of Hampstead Heath was “brazenly ransacked” and saw £1m of jewellery stolen - while a mum and her children were on the premises.
The Metropolitan Police have now appealed for help finding an unknown number of burglars who took part in the crime on November 14.
The home, on Hampstead Lane, Highgate, was raided at around 5pm, while the mum - in her thirties - was inside with her children.
The burglars eventually made off out of a first floor window with more than £1m worth of jewellery, designer clothing and a substantial amount of cash.
Investigating officer Det Insp Paul Ridley said: "Burglary is an extremely intrusive crime and the effect is often compounded further when the occupants are at home. This is an aggravating feature of this case as the victim was present with her young children when the burglars have forced entry, scaling the wall of the mansion and brazenly ransacking the premises."
You may also want to watch:
Scotland Yard have released images of some of the "distinctive and rare" jewellery that was stolen, and are asking anyone who has been offered it for sale to come forward.
"I can assure you that all information will be treated in confidence and will be acted upon by my investigation team - I need the names of these intruders as a priority."
- 1 How did a double-decker bus crash straight into a Crouch End house?
- 2 Man jailed for rape of young girl in north London 40 years ago
- 3 Spot the '90s pop stars in the Never Mind the Buzzcocks identity parade
- 4 'It's devastating': Golders Green mother speaks out about rare genetic disease
- 5 Russia 'responsible for assassinating' Muswell Hill resident Litvinenko
- 6 'Lobster-like creature' pulled from Hampstead Heath ladies' pond
- 7 Puppy pampering, parties and pastry: Inside Hampstead's Dandie Dog Cafe
- 8 Explore 8 of north London's prettiest streets
- 9 Old Hampstead police station sold by Department for Education at £4m loss
- 10 Christmas at Kenwood: 'Winter wonderland' primed for Hampstead Heath
Anyone with information is asked to contact police on 101 or tweet @MetCC quoting reference CAD 6371/14 NOV.
Otherwise, witnesses can contact Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.