Hampstead Heath fight: Scrum of ‘100’ youngsters tackled by police near Parliament Hill Lido
- Credit: Kenza Bryan
At least six people have been arrested after a fight erupted on Hampstead Heath on Tuesday evening as tens of police officers tackled a ‘100-strong’ scrum of youngsters.
Around 30 officers from the Met were deployed near Parliament Hill Lido on June 2 around 6.30pm where a large group - described by a witness as mostly aged “12 to 16” - were embroiled in a “series” of fights.
There are no reported injuries and the brawl was labelled “complete madness” by one witness, with a police helicopter hovering above.
One person involved in the melee said the fight ignited over a dispute about her shoes.
Camden Police tweeted: “A S35 dispersal order is in place for Hampstead Heath & Parliament Hill. Please don’t attend these locations.
You may also want to watch:
“We were called at 6.30pm to youths fighting in P’ment Hill.
“Officers attended and the majority of people dispersed.
- 1 Old Hampstead police station sold by Department for Education at £4m loss
- 2 Man left with £1,200 vet bill after puppy 'mauled' on Hampstead Heath
- 3 Taste of Nawab: A community staple with Tripadvisor acclaim
- 4 Outdoor dining and one-way traffic to stay in St John's Wood High Street
- 5 Christmas at Kenwood: 'Winter wonderland' primed for Hampstead Heath
- 6 Crouch End entrepreneur supports Moroccan women with textile business
- 7 High Court date set for disabled swimmer's challenge over ponds charges
- 8 Skyscraper plans rejected by Westminster Council over damage to views
- 9 New sixth form site for Westminster school gets go-ahead
- 10 Man stabbed on Finchley Road
“No reported injuries and 6 people have been arrested.”
Did you see what happened? Contact Michael on the newsdesk on 07805 403 545 or firstname.lastname@example.org