Hampstead Heath fight: Scrum of ‘100’ youngsters tackled by police near Parliament Hill Lido
- Credit: Kenza Bryan
At least six people have been arrested after a fight erupted on Hampstead Heath on Tuesday evening as tens of police officers tackled a ‘100-strong’ scrum of youngsters.
Around 30 officers from the Met were deployed near Parliament Hill Lido on June 2 around 6.30pm where a large group - described by a witness as mostly aged “12 to 16” - were embroiled in a “series” of fights.
There are no reported injuries and the brawl was labelled “complete madness” by one witness, with a police helicopter hovering above.
One person involved in the melee said the fight ignited over a dispute about her shoes.
Camden Police tweeted: “A S35 dispersal order is in place for Hampstead Heath & Parliament Hill. Please don’t attend these locations.
You may also want to watch:
“We were called at 6.30pm to youths fighting in P’ment Hill.
“Officers attended and the majority of people dispersed.
- 1 Two teenagers stabbed in Kilburn and South Hampstead in separate attacks
- 2 'Real disappointment' over uptake of Covid vaccine among care home staff
- 3 Leila Roy tributes: 'We will miss her energy and her big heart'
- 4 Camden disabled resident on fears over Haverstock Hill cycle lanes
- 5 WATCH: Hampstead 8-year-old teaches history to audience of thousands
- 6 Patients being treated in hospital for Covid falls by a quarter
- 7 Remembering 'positive, caring and kind' Hornsey pupil Amy
- 8 Joe Montemurro full of praise for Jordan Nobbs following Arsenal's win over Aston Villa
- 9 Call to remember John Le Carré during Hampstead Heath celebrations
- 10 Highgate band take music on the road for an 'impossible tour'
“No reported injuries and 6 people have been arrested.”
Did you see what happened? Contact Michael on the newsdesk on 07805 403 545 or email@example.com