Hampstead Heath fight: Scrum of ‘100’ youngsters tackled by police near Parliament Hill Lido
- Credit: Kenza Bryan
At least six people have been arrested after a fight erupted on Hampstead Heath on Tuesday evening as tens of police officers tackled a ‘100-strong’ scrum of youngsters.
Around 30 officers from the Met were deployed near Parliament Hill Lido on June 2 around 6.30pm where a large group - described by a witness as mostly aged “12 to 16” - were embroiled in a “series” of fights.
There are no reported injuries and the brawl was labelled “complete madness” by one witness, with a police helicopter hovering above.
One person involved in the melee said the fight ignited over a dispute about her shoes.
Camden Police tweeted: “A S35 dispersal order is in place for Hampstead Heath & Parliament Hill. Please don’t attend these locations.
You may also want to watch:
“We were called at 6.30pm to youths fighting in P’ment Hill.
“Officers attended and the majority of people dispersed.
- 1 Arrests made after reports of antisemitic abuse in St John's Wood
- 2 Burger King launches its first 'dark kitchen' for north London deliveries
- 3 Arsenal Women on cloud nine after big FA Cup win
- 4 Indian variant of Covid-19 - what's the situation in London?
- 5 Residents bid farewell to Highgate Station’s beloved black cat
- 6 Lane closure scrapped after high pollution readings double
- 7 Barnet councillor leaves Tory group over 'personal matter'
- 8 Tottenham Women seal extra time win over Sheffield United
- 9 Zookeeper's sponsored swim as London Zoo reopens indoor areas
- 10 Haringey Council leader ousted by rival in Labour group vote
“No reported injuries and 6 people have been arrested.”
Did you see what happened? Contact Michael on the newsdesk on 07805 403 545 or firstname.lastname@example.org