Hampstead Heath fight: Scrum of ‘100’ youngsters tackled by police near Parliament Hill Lido
- Credit: Kenza Bryan
At least six people have been arrested after a fight erupted on Hampstead Heath on Tuesday evening as tens of police officers tackled a ‘100-strong’ scrum of youngsters.
Around 30 officers from the Met were deployed near Parliament Hill Lido on June 2 around 6.30pm where a large group - described by a witness as mostly aged “12 to 16” - were embroiled in a “series” of fights.
There are no reported injuries and the brawl was labelled “complete madness” by one witness, with a police helicopter hovering above.
One person involved in the melee said the fight ignited over a dispute about her shoes.
Camden Police tweeted: “A S35 dispersal order is in place for Hampstead Heath & Parliament Hill. Please don’t attend these locations.
You may also want to watch:
“We were called at 6.30pm to youths fighting in P’ment Hill.
“Officers attended and the majority of people dispersed.
- 1 Camden residents offered symptom-free Covid testing
- 2 Buyers claim luxury flats are 'nightmare' construction site
- 3 Haverstock Hill cycle lanes order scrapped by Camden Council
- 4 Crouch End's 'Paul the Paper' bids farewell to Broadway stall
- 5 Mikel Arteta turns focus to new signings after Arsenal let fringe players leave
- 6 Plans for council homes to replace Highgate car wash
- 7 Arsenal legend Nigel Winterburn relieved to see Mesut Ozil depart
- 8 Arsenal look to bounce back at home to West Ham
- 9 Councillors slam 'outrageous' change of plans for 100 Avenue Road
- 10 Lord's Cricket Ground used as Covid-19 vaccination centre
“No reported injuries and 6 people have been arrested.”
Did you see what happened? Contact Michael on the newsdesk on 07805 403 545 or firstname.lastname@example.org