Hampstead boxer Dereck Chisora cleared of assaulting man outside St. James nightclub Tramp
- Credit: Archant
Hampstead boxer Dereck Chisora will no longer face an assault charge over an alleged fracas at a nightclub, a court has been told.
Chisora, 33 and of Redington Road, had been accused of assaulting Rolands Bleiders outside the exclusive members-only Tramp nightclub in April this year; however, after reviewing the case, the Crown Prosecution Service withdrew the charge of assault occasioning actual bodily harm at Westminster Magistrates’ Court today.
“This is one charge of assault occasioning ABH. The crown will now withdraw the charge,” said prosecutor Henry Fitch.
Magistrate Grant McCrostie accepted the withdrawal of the charge and Chisora made no application for costs.
The 6ft 1.5in boxer, who has previously held heavyweight European, Commonwealth and British titles, stood outside the dock during the minute-long hearing as a charge of assault occasioning actual bodily harm was dropped.
You may also want to watch:
Chisora is no stranger to controversy both inside and outside the ring, but with this latest trouble now behind him, Chisora, told reporters that he was ‘preparing for his next fight’.
Chisora was scheduled to fight Robert Helenius on May 27 but that has been postponed due to what his promoter Nisse Sauerland described as “a number of contributing factors”.
- 1 Charles de Gaulle's old Hampstead home on sale for £15m
- 2 Stunning photos show how King's Cross has changed in 20 years
- 3 Man charged with murder of Nicole Hurley in Primrose Hill
- 4 'Unacceptable': Ofsted inspection reveals failures of Haringey Council SEND
- 5 Hampstead bakery sells challah ribbons to boost mental health support
- 6 The Outsider: Residents take aim at plans for high street pub
- 7 Tributes paid to Primrose Hill mother-of-four as fundraiser launched
- 8 Spurs win feels inevitable with takeover and Bruce talks at Newcastle
- 9 'Speculative': Opera downplays school's move for recording studio
- 10 Coldplay and Ed Sheeran to perform at Earthshot Prize ceremony at Ally Pally