Gunshots reported in Camden Town as police close section of high street to investigate
- Credit: Archant
A section of Camden High Street is cordoned off this morning as police investigate gunshots heard in the early hours.
Police officers were called to the scene at 1.25am after reports of shots being fired in the High Street near to St James Town Road.
A Met Police spokesperson said: "Officers attended the scene. Road closures were put in place while a search of the area was carried out."
There have been no reports of any injuries, and at this stage no arrests have been made.
You may also want to watch:
The road has been closed between Parkway and Hawley Crescent.
- 1 Swimmers find exotic python lurking outside lido
- 2 Curious Crouch End: From Mrs Hitler to the 'The Hornsey Revolution'
- 3 'Unacceptable': Fury over Crouch End roadworks diverting W5 bus
- 4 North London police officer suspended and charged with theft
- 5 Squares Pizzeria: Authentic Italian meets effortless elegance
- 6 Objectors fear housing plans threaten chance of Highgate pub return
- 7 'Decades of cycling infrastructure progress in just a year'
- 8 MP bemoans closure of Lloyds Bank in Muswell Hill
- 9 Heroic walker who raised thousands for charity dies aged 101
- 10 Christmas trees and lights set for Hampstead return