Gun robbers make of with cash after raid at Co-op supermarket in Adelaide Road
- Credit: Archant
Raiders threatened staff at gunpoint at a branch of the Co-op supermarket in Swiss Cottage before making off with cash.
Armed officers went to the store in Adelaide Road at 6:23pm following reports of the armed robbery.
A Met Police spokesman said: “Armed police attended and established that a robbery had taken place at a grocery store by a number of suspects. There were reports a firearm was seen however the full circumstances of the robbery continue to be investigated.”
Nobody was reported to be injured in the attack at the shop opposite the Chalcots Estate although staff were said to be shocked.
Yet another crime in the area has prompted residents to call for a meeting with local police to discuss safety in the tower blocks following the fatal stabbing of resident Hannah Leonard in Bray last week and reports of a knifeman in the same block earlier today.
You may also want to watch:
A police spokesman said a crime scene had been set up at the Co-op and no arrests have been made.
*Lucy Casey, 43, of Claire Court, Shoot Up Hill, and James Whitaker, 28, of Craven Park, Kilburn, will reappear at the Old Bailey in April charged with the murder of Hannah Leonard, 55, who was found stabbed to death at her flat in Bray last Friday February 9.
- 1 'Picture of health': Mum's tribute to son who died of sudden cardiac arrest
- 2 Police investigate reported rape of teenager
- 3 Tennis coach 'distraught' at losing Belsize role amid club row
- 4 The Vagina Museum searches for new home as Camden Market leases end
- 5 London Zoo's aviary unwrapped to create new monkey home
- 6 E-scooter rider arrested over suspected drug dealing
- 7 Clapped in the street - and assaulted: Staff call for behaviour change in A&E
- 8 Watchdog upholds 27 complaints over 'systemic' failures by Haringey Council
- 9 Piers Plowright: 'An extraordinary force, devoted to Hampstead'
- 10 Helen Allingham's Hampstead watercolour up for auction