Gun found in leafy Belsize Park street
- Credit: Archant
Police are investigating after a handgun was found dumped in Eton Avenue in Belsize Park near several primary schools.
The firearm was discovered at around 5am on Sunday after police received a call.
A Met spokesman said: “Officers attended the scene and the gun was recovered and made safe.
“Police enquiries continue to establish how the gun came to have been left at that location. This will include a forensic examination of the weapon.
Eton Avenue, in the heart of Belsize Park, is a leafy residential street which is also home to Sarum Hall and Trevor Roberts primary schools and The Central School of Speech and Drama.
You may also want to watch:
The police spokesman said no arrests have been made.
Anyone with information should contact police on 101 or crimestoppers anonymously.
- 1 Explore 8 of north London's prettiest streets
- 2 O2 Centre redevelopment: Decision draws on Camden planning guidance
- 3 'The Bell of Hampstead': New pub to take over Cork and Bottle site
- 4 Crouch End salesman who nursed mum runs marathon for Diabetes UK
- 5 'Family unit': 28 Church Row wins readers' favourite restaurant
- 6 'Survived the storm': West Hampstead's The Alliance Pub wins reader's poll
- 7 Anger as second audit into £23m 'Mary Celeste' office block is delayed
- 8 Discover Crouch End's very own cathedral
- 9 Haringey Green Lanes flat fire sees 40 firefighters tackle blaze
- 10 Christmas at Kenwood: 'Winter wonderland' primed for Hampstead Heath