Gun found in leafy Belsize Park street
- Credit: Archant
Police are investigating after a handgun was found dumped in Eton Avenue in Belsize Park near several primary schools.
The firearm was discovered at around 5am on Sunday after police received a call.
A Met spokesman said: “Officers attended the scene and the gun was recovered and made safe.
“Police enquiries continue to establish how the gun came to have been left at that location. This will include a forensic examination of the weapon.
Eton Avenue, in the heart of Belsize Park, is a leafy residential street which is also home to Sarum Hall and Trevor Roberts primary schools and The Central School of Speech and Drama.
The police spokesman said no arrests have been made.
Anyone with information should contact police on 101 or crimestoppers anonymously.
- 1 Seven Sisters stabbing: Three jailed over Green Lanes gang killing
- 2 'We're proud of what we do': Kossoffs celebrates six months in Kentish Town
- 3 Two dead in Maida Vale: Woman stabbed and man 'struck by vehicle'
- 4 Hampstead, Highgate and Muswell Hill constituency changes consultation
- 5 Muswell Hill service ‘disgraceful’ as Royal Mail crisis continues
- 6 Man arrested on suspicion of murder following Maida Vale deaths
- 7 'The joy of addiction is when you are free of it,' says Hampstead author
- 8 The most expensive homes sold in Haringey in November 2021
- 9 Italian sandwich shop opens in a Hampstead telephone box
- 10 BAFTA-nominated BBC series returns to the Royal Free Hospital