Gun concealed in sock found on Hampstead Heath
A gun has been found in a notorious cruising spot on Hampstead Heath.
A park ranger from the City of London Corporation stumbled across the weapon concealed in a sock in West Heath at 9.45am on Tuesday (January 3) when he was clearing away litter.
A police firearms unit collected the gun and is carrying out forensic tests.
A police spokeswoman said it was too early to connect the gun to any recent incidents involving firearms.
But she added that Camden Police would investigate any possible links once the gun has been properly “processed”.
You may also want to watch:
Police could not confirm what type of gun had been found.
- 1 Jeremy Corbyn launches Peace and Justice Project with calls to action
- 2 Arsenal 'showing maturity' says David Luiz
- 3 Is lockdown working in north London? Here's what the latest data tells us
- 4 Homeschooling in lockdown: Top tips for a north London parent
- 5 Joan Bakewell fires legal threat to government over second Covid jab
- 6 O2 Centre: developer Landsec 'looking to re-provide' Sainsbury's
- 7 Ozil set for Arsenal exit
- 8 More goals, less mistakes needed says Spurs boss Mourinho
- 9 Royal Free's critical care beds 98pc full as Covid-19 cases top 500
- 10 Letters: Local business, vaccination, Abacus and The Ponds