Gun concealed in sock found on Hampstead Heath
A gun has been found in a notorious cruising spot on Hampstead Heath.
A park ranger from the City of London Corporation stumbled across the weapon concealed in a sock in West Heath at 9.45am on Tuesday (January 3) when he was clearing away litter.
A police firearms unit collected the gun and is carrying out forensic tests.
A police spokeswoman said it was too early to connect the gun to any recent incidents involving firearms.
But she added that Camden Police would investigate any possible links once the gun has been properly “processed”.
You may also want to watch:
Police could not confirm what type of gun had been found.
- 1 Developer's plan for six houses in old pub car park in Highgate Hill
- 2 Nazanin may become 'bargaining chip' in Iran nuclear deal, warns husband
- 3 Woman dies after house fire in Muswell Hill
- 4 Camden's Levertons to arrange the funeral of Prince Philip on April 17
- 5 Helen McCrory: 'Mighty' Tufnell Park actress dies aged 52
- 6 Tottenham boss Mourinho unsure on extent of Harry Kane's injury
- 7 Hampstead Ballet School star wins place at Bolshoi academy in Moscow
- 8 Nazanin Zaghari-Ratcliffe: Wait for second verdict could last 'until Easter'
- 9 Hampstead robberies: Inside the police chase which caught 8 violent criminals
- 10 For Nazanin's sake, hostage-taking must be a nuclear deal issue