Gun concealed in sock found on Hampstead Heath
A gun has been found in a notorious cruising spot on Hampstead Heath.
A park ranger from the City of London Corporation stumbled across the weapon concealed in a sock in West Heath at 9.45am on Tuesday (January 3) when he was clearing away litter.
A police firearms unit collected the gun and is carrying out forensic tests.
A police spokeswoman said it was too early to connect the gun to any recent incidents involving firearms.
But she added that Camden Police would investigate any possible links once the gun has been properly “processed”.
You may also want to watch:
Police could not confirm what type of gun had been found.
- 1 Northern Line tube 'assault': CCTV images released of two women
- 2 Golders Green Hippodrome sold as Islamic centre plan abandoned
- 3 Best friends: Meet the man and his cat exploring London on a bike
- 4 Hundreds gather on Primrose Hill to mourn Nicole Hurley
- 5 'Bravery and courage': Fred Barnes plaque unveiled in Maida Vale
- 6 Lockdown landscape artist changes job to paint full time
- 7 Hampstead Miss Universe GB finalist champions mixed-heritage representation
- 8 Jailed: Man who murdered friend Jack Ampadu in Kentish Town
- 9 Primrose Hill candlelight vigil to celebrate life of Nicole Hurley
- 10 'Let's save The Victoria pub in Highgate'