Gun concealed in sock found on Hampstead Heath
A gun has been found in a notorious cruising spot on Hampstead Heath.
A park ranger from the City of London Corporation stumbled across the weapon concealed in a sock in West Heath at 9.45am on Tuesday (January 3) when he was clearing away litter.
A police firearms unit collected the gun and is carrying out forensic tests.
A police spokeswoman said it was too early to connect the gun to any recent incidents involving firearms.
But she added that Camden Police would investigate any possible links once the gun has been properly “processed”.
You may also want to watch:
Police could not confirm what type of gun had been found.
- 1 Teenager's artwork reimagines grandfather's class photo
- 2 Haringey Council launches investigation into land deal with rapper
- 3 5 great places in north London to get away from the summer crowds
- 4 Highgate's assassin: the student hostel where a murder was planned
- 5 Modern murder mysteries set in the heart of Hampstead
- 6 £5,000 of crack cocaine and heroin found in Hampstead home
- 7 'Like the Fleet's resurfaced': Flash flooding hits Hampstead and Highgate
- 8 'Cash cows': Leaseholders fight for clarity and better value over 'huge bills'
- 9 Nancy Jirira wins Fortune Green by-election, holding on to Lib Dem council seat
- 10 Vehicles scraped and traffic chaos after width-restriction bollards moved