Two men charged after police find 'gun, cash and drugs' in Brent Cross flat
- Credit: National Crime Agency
Two men have been charged after a loaded gun, ammunition, £60,000 in cash and cocaine seized at a flat in Brent Cross, according to police.
Officers from the Organised Crime Partnership raided a property in Claremont Road on Friday.
Police say they found a Retay 17 self-loading pistol in a laundry basket, with three rounds of ammunition loaded in the magazine.
They say they seized a further four rounds of ammunition and £60,000 of suspected criminal cash, as well as more than 100 wraps of cocaine, scales and other drug dealing paraphernalia.
Matt McMillan, from the Organised Crime Partnership, said: “The fact that the firearm seized was viable and ready loaded meant it presented a significant danger to the public, which has now been mitigated."
You may also want to watch:
Errison Hasaj, 21, and Bledar Kuraj, 23, both Albanian nationals, have been charged with possession of a firearm and ammunition, possession with intent to supply cocaine and possession of criminal property.
They were due to appear at Willesden Magistrates Court on Saturday (May 8)
- 1 UK's first no chicken nugget shop pops up in Camden Town
- 2 Crunch! Eliana and Ariella's granola business success
- 3 'We've been forgotten': Homeless Muswell Hill family demand action
- 4 'Land grab': Muswell Hill Gail's accused of taking over pavement
- 5 New Jewish Fringe festival comes to Golders Green
- 6 ‘I was livid': Outrage as Camden homeless man sprayed with hose
- 7 Man killed and two injured in triple shooting
- 8 Man killed in 'shooting' in north London
- 9 'More than a shop': Storm in a Teacup in 100 nation-wide small businesses
- 10 Police name Newham man fatally shot in Haringey