Gospel Oak teen jailed for 10 years for raping virgin at knife-point
A teenager from Gospel Oak was jailed for 10 years today (Wednesday) for raping and robbing a virgin at knife-point.
A gang of four masked men burst into the 25-year-old’s home in Camden Town in the early hours as she dozed in front of the television. The group of four, who concealed their faces with black scarves, wielded large kitchen knives and demanded money from the terrified victim.
The Nepalese woman, who cannot be named for legal reasons, screamed for help and begged her attackers not to harm her. But Ismail Khalil, who knew she would be alone, dragged her into her bedroom where he raped her while holding a knife to his victim’s throat.
Throughout the three-minute ordeal, the 17-year-old from the Wendling Estate in Haverstock Road told his victim he was going to murder her.
Khalil, who has a string of motor vehicle thefts to his name, and another defendant stole �200 in cash and a �400 digital camera before fleeing the flat at around 1.30am on November 16 last year.
A jury found Khalil guilty of rape and aggravated burglary at a trial in April. His co-defendant, who cannot be named for legal reasons, is being retried for the two offences in October.
Sentencing at Blackfriars Crown Court, Judge Aidan Marron QC said Khalil had not shown a “morsel of remorse” throughout the trial as he shared a few laughs with his co-defendant.
- 1 'We're proud of what we do': Kossoffs celebrates six months in Kentish Town
- 2 Two dead in Maida Vale: Woman stabbed and man 'struck by vehicle'
- 3 The most expensive homes sold in Haringey in November 2021
- 4 Italian sandwich shop opens in a Hampstead telephone box
- 5 'The joy of addiction is when you are free of it,' says Hampstead author
- 6 Ex-manager admits defrauding Paddington Sports Club
- 7 'We don't need to drink more coffee' say cafés as Joe & The Juice moves in
- 8 Hampstead, Highgate and Muswell Hill constituency changes consultation
- 9 Cops swoop on cannabis farm rumoured to be 'largest ever' busted in Haringey
- 10 The man who wants to put trains among the trees from Muswell Hill to Highgate
“She (the victim) was clearly terrified and genuinely feared death,” he said.
“The ordeal lasted 30 minutes but the effect of that ordeal will probably never leave her. She was a virgin at the time.”
Khalil was sentenced to four years in jail for the burglary and six years for the rape. His name will appear on the Sex Offenders Register for the rest of his life.