Gospel Oak teen jailed for 10 years for raping virgin at knife-point
A teenager from Gospel Oak was jailed for 10 years today (Wednesday) for raping and robbing a virgin at knife-point.
A gang of four masked men burst into the 25-year-old’s home in Camden Town in the early hours as she dozed in front of the television. The group of four, who concealed their faces with black scarves, wielded large kitchen knives and demanded money from the terrified victim.
The Nepalese woman, who cannot be named for legal reasons, screamed for help and begged her attackers not to harm her. But Ismail Khalil, who knew she would be alone, dragged her into her bedroom where he raped her while holding a knife to his victim’s throat.
Throughout the three-minute ordeal, the 17-year-old from the Wendling Estate in Haverstock Road told his victim he was going to murder her.
Khalil, who has a string of motor vehicle thefts to his name, and another defendant stole �200 in cash and a �400 digital camera before fleeing the flat at around 1.30am on November 16 last year.
You may also want to watch:
A jury found Khalil guilty of rape and aggravated burglary at a trial in April. His co-defendant, who cannot be named for legal reasons, is being retried for the two offences in October.
Sentencing at Blackfriars Crown Court, Judge Aidan Marron QC said Khalil had not shown a “morsel of remorse” throughout the trial as he shared a few laughs with his co-defendant.
- 1 Explore 8 of north London's prettiest streets
- 2 O2 Centre redevelopment: Decision draws on Camden planning guidance
- 3 'The Bell of Hampstead': New pub to take over Cork and Bottle site
- 4 Crouch End salesman who nursed mum runs marathon for Diabetes UK
- 5 'Family unit': 28 Church Row wins readers' favourite restaurant
- 6 'Survived the storm': West Hampstead's The Alliance Pub wins reader's poll
- 7 Anger as second audit into £23m 'Mary Celeste' office block is delayed
- 8 Christmas at Kenwood: 'Winter wonderland' primed for Hampstead Heath
- 9 Discover Crouch End's very own cathedral
- 10 Free festival to take over the streets of Camden
“She (the victim) was clearly terrified and genuinely feared death,” he said.
“The ordeal lasted 30 minutes but the effect of that ordeal will probably never leave her. She was a virgin at the time.”
Khalil was sentenced to four years in jail for the burglary and six years for the rape. His name will appear on the Sex Offenders Register for the rest of his life.