Gospel Oak: Police officer to face trial after allegedly smashing suspect’s car windscreen
- Credit: PA Archive/PA Images
A police officer allegedly caught on camera smashing a suspect’s car windscreen and sawing it with a blade in Gospel Oak will stand trial.
Joshua Savage, of Wanstead in East London, is accused of common assault, possession of a bladed article, and criminal damage to a windscreen.
The 27-year-old, who is on restricted duties with the Met following the alleged incident on September 16 last year, entered not guilty pleas to all three counts.
Savage, who stood in the dock at Southwark Crown Court today wearing a grey suit with a light blue shirt and dark blue tie, spoke only to confirm his name.
Footage, which was widely circulated online in the wake of the incident, appeared to show Savage smashing a car windscreen during a stop and search before sawing it with a blade.
You may also want to watch:
The video, filmed by the driver, allegedly shows the officer launching the confrontation in Vicar’s Road in Gospel Oak.
Savage will appear at the same court on December 18 for trial.
- 1 Suburb couple start canal concerts with afternoon tea
- 2 O2 Centre: Developer says it 'will listen' but still aiming for 1,900 homes
- 3 'Something out of Blade Runner?' BT eyes screen near cinema
- 4 Spoiler: Cycling up Haverstock Hill is hard work
- 5 Thames Water 'sorry' after Finchley Road diversion sees cars damaged
- 6 Piers Plowright obituary: BBC and Hampstead star dies at 83
- 7 Winter closure of Royal Free kids A&E 'boosted Covid resilience' – NHS report
- 8 Muswell Hill club wins 'Premier League' of junior chess
- 9 North London floods return – with South End Green deluged again
- 10 Ally Pally and Highgate's abandoned station star in new children's book