Gospel Oak: Police officer to face trial after allegedly smashing suspect’s car windscreen
- Credit: PA Archive/PA Images
A police officer allegedly caught on camera smashing a suspect’s car windscreen and sawing it with a blade in Gospel Oak will stand trial.
Joshua Savage, of Wanstead in East London, is accused of common assault, possession of a bladed article, and criminal damage to a windscreen.
The 27-year-old, who is on restricted duties with the Met following the alleged incident on September 16 last year, entered not guilty pleas to all three counts.
Savage, who stood in the dock at Southwark Crown Court today wearing a grey suit with a light blue shirt and dark blue tie, spoke only to confirm his name.
Footage, which was widely circulated online in the wake of the incident, appeared to show Savage smashing a car windscreen during a stop and search before sawing it with a blade.
You may also want to watch:
The video, filmed by the driver, allegedly shows the officer launching the confrontation in Vicar’s Road in Gospel Oak.
Savage will appear at the same court on December 18 for trial.
- 1 Developer's plan for six houses in old pub car park in Highgate Hill
- 2 Nazanin may become 'bargaining chip' in Iran nuclear deal, warns husband
- 3 Woman dies after house fire in Muswell Hill
- 4 Camden's Levertons to arrange the funeral of Prince Philip on April 17
- 5 Arsenal hit Gillingham for ten in FA Cup
- 6 Helen McCrory: 'Mighty' Tufnell Park actress dies aged 52
- 7 Arteta: Arsenal have to win these games or face consequence
- 8 Hampstead Literary Society launched - and looking for exciting writers
- 9 The Heath, exhaust theft, public access, Centene, the Streatery and more
- 10 Nazanin Zaghari-Ratcliffe: Wait for second verdict could last 'until Easter'