Golders Green: Man arrested after ‘Nazi salute’ outside kosher Chinese takeaway
- Credit: PA Archive/PA Images
A man has been arrested on suspicion of giving a Nazi salute to a man outside a kosher Chinese restaurant and spitting on another man in Golders Green, police have said.
He is alleged to have performed the gesture in Golders Green Road at about 10pm last night.
Police said he saluted the first man before walking down the road and spitting on the other man’s trousers.
A suspect, 26, was arrested for a racially aggravated public order offence.
He remains in custody while enquiries continue.
You may also want to watch:
The chief executive of Shomrim NW London, a community protection organisation, said his volunteers helped police during the incident.
He added: “We are grateful for the swift response by Barnet Police who arrested the suspect.
- 1 Car driver arrested after crash with van in Camden Town
- 2 'Safe and secure home' - Camden takes landlord to court over eviction threat
- 3 Piers Plowright obituary: BBC and Hampstead star dies at 83
- 4 Man charged with indecent exposure and voyeurism in West Hampstead
- 5 Anger over Thames Water and Westminster Council's flash floods response
- 6 Charitable hospital set to open new £35m wing
- 7 O2 Centre: Developer says it 'will listen' but still aiming for 1,900 homes
- 8 North London floods return – with South End Green deluged again
- 9 CQC says Royal Free 'comprehensively responded' to maternity issues
- 10 Camden councillors rally against constituency boundary changes
“We are supporting the victims to this unacceptable behaviour.”