Golders Green: Man arrested after ‘Nazi salute’ outside kosher Chinese takeaway
- Credit: PA Archive/PA Images
A man has been arrested on suspicion of giving a Nazi salute to a man outside a kosher Chinese restaurant and spitting on another man in Golders Green, police have said.
He is alleged to have performed the gesture in Golders Green Road at about 10pm last night.
Police said he saluted the first man before walking down the road and spitting on the other man’s trousers.
A suspect, 26, was arrested for a racially aggravated public order offence.
He remains in custody while enquiries continue.
You may also want to watch:
The chief executive of Shomrim NW London, a community protection organisation, said his volunteers helped police during the incident.
He added: “We are grateful for the swift response by Barnet Police who arrested the suspect.
- 1 Nazanin may become 'bargaining chip' in Iran nuclear deal, warns husband
- 2 Optimism as Crouch End and Muswell Hill shops, bars and cafes reopen
- 3 Column: Major changes expected at Tottenham in the summer?
- 4 Camden's Levertons to arrange the funeral of Prince Philip on April 17
- 5 Mary Feilding Guild: Warning of severe health impact on elderly residents
- 6 Wac Arts: West End stars among ex-students who can 'no longer endorse' charity
- 7 Crackdown on 'blue badge' disability parking fraud in Haringey
- 8 'Silver lining of lockdown': Blockheads saxophonist brings Muswell Hill cheer
- 9 Nazanin Zaghari-Ratcliffe: Wait for second verdict could last 'until Easter'
- 10 For sale: Edwardian home in East Finchley with south-facing garden
“We are supporting the victims to this unacceptable behaviour.”