Golders Green: Man arrested after ‘Nazi salute’ outside kosher Chinese takeaway
- Credit: PA Archive/PA Images
A man has been arrested on suspicion of giving a Nazi salute to a man outside a kosher Chinese restaurant and spitting on another man in Golders Green, police have said.
He is alleged to have performed the gesture in Golders Green Road at about 10pm last night.
Police said he saluted the first man before walking down the road and spitting on the other man’s trousers.
A suspect, 26, was arrested for a racially aggravated public order offence.
He remains in custody while enquiries continue.
The chief executive of Shomrim NW London, a community protection organisation, said his volunteers helped police during the incident.
He added: “We are grateful for the swift response by Barnet Police who arrested the suspect.
- 1 Man files complaint following 'unlawful arrest' by police officers
- 2 Golders Green school rated 'inadequate' for second time
- 3 Covid-19: Hospital admissions and bed occupancy continue to fall
- 4 Businesses hail return of Highgate's Fair in the Square
- 5 Barnet: Two men charged following fatal High Road stabbing
- 6 First Muslim lord mayor of Westminster announced
- 7 Hampstead nursery slams church over impending eviction
- 8 Man accused of sexual assaults in Camden and Islington bailed
- 9 'It's a lovely community': The Bull reopens under new management
- 10 Camden, Westminster raids as 14 arrested in sex trafficking warrants
“We are supporting the victims to this unacceptable behaviour.”