Golders Green: Man arrested after ‘Nazi salute’ outside kosher Chinese takeaway
- Credit: PA Archive/PA Images
A man has been arrested on suspicion of giving a Nazi salute to a man outside a kosher Chinese restaurant and spitting on another man in Golders Green, police have said.
He is alleged to have performed the gesture in Golders Green Road at about 10pm last night.
Police said he saluted the first man before walking down the road and spitting on the other man’s trousers.
A suspect, 26, was arrested for a racially aggravated public order offence.
He remains in custody while enquiries continue.
The chief executive of Shomrim NW London, a community protection organisation, said his volunteers helped police during the incident.
He added: “We are grateful for the swift response by Barnet Police who arrested the suspect.
- 1 'Unimaginable loss': Father and daughter stabbed to death in north London
- 2 Covid-19: Omicron variant case confirmed in Camden
- 3 Hanukkah 2021: Five events in north London tonight
- 4 Hampstead Heath to host first Christmas Fayre
- 5 Warnings of ice across London amid plummeting temperatures
- 6 Stunning light trail wraps up Kenwood like a giant Christmas present
- 7 Tottenham boss Antonio Conte looking to revamp squad in transfer windows
- 8 Movement off the ball key to Arsenal's win against Newcastle
- 9 PLU: St John's Wood restaurant finds the right formula
- 10 Not just for Christmas: Rescue dogs looking for forever homes
“We are supporting the victims to this unacceptable behaviour.”