Golders Green: Man arrested after ‘Nazi salute’ outside kosher Chinese takeaway
- Credit: PA Archive/PA Images
A man has been arrested on suspicion of giving a Nazi salute to a man outside a kosher Chinese restaurant and spitting on another man in Golders Green, police have said.
He is alleged to have performed the gesture in Golders Green Road at about 10pm last night.
Police said he saluted the first man before walking down the road and spitting on the other man’s trousers.
A suspect, 26, was arrested for a racially aggravated public order offence.
He remains in custody while enquiries continue.
You may also want to watch:
The chief executive of Shomrim NW London, a community protection organisation, said his volunteers helped police during the incident.
He added: “We are grateful for the swift response by Barnet Police who arrested the suspect.
- 1 Royal Free's critical care beds 98pc full as Covid-19 cases top 500
- 2 Hospital staff describe 'distressing' battle against rising Covid cases
- 3 Is lockdown working in north London? Here's what the latest data tells us
- 4 Joan Bakewell fires legal threat to government over second Covid jab
- 5 Mikel Arteta 'excited' by Arsenal's appointment of Richard Garlick
- 6 Camden man charged with prostitution offences and sexual exploitation
- 7 Lord's Cricket Ground used as Covid-19 vaccination centre
- 8 One in ten people without symptoms Covid positive at Haringey centres
- 9 Housing: Billionaire owner of 'squalid shoeboxes' must 'up its game'
- 10 Royal Mail delays in Hornsey 'could see Covid-19 vaccination letters missed'
“We are supporting the victims to this unacceptable behaviour.”