Golders Green gang linked to London-wide phone shop robberies
- Credit: Archant
Police believe a robbery involving youths at a Golders Green phone shop was carried out by a gang who target phone shops.
Officers were called just after noon last Thursday after eight youths were seen entering Carphone Warehouse, in Golders Green Road, and then fleeing in different directions minutes later.
Two arrests were made on a bus shortly after and some items were recovered.
The rest of the group was seen heading towards Golders Green Tube station, where it is believed they split up.
Some of the suspects were believed to have boarded a Tube train, while others were seen running southbound along the tracks towards Hampstead.
You may also want to watch:
The Northern line service was suspended in both directions between Camden Town and Edgware for two hours as police searched for the suspects.
A number of stations, including Golders Green and Hampstead, were closed.
- 1 Camden's Levertons to arrange the funeral of Prince Philip on April 17
- 2 Lockdown easing April 12 live updates: North London shops and pubs reopen
- 3 'It's a godsend': Hampstead pubs and shops back serving the community
- 4 Royal Free ITU nurse who swapped the Caribbean for a Covid ward
- 5 'Silver lining of lockdown': Blockheads saxophonist brings Muswell Hill cheer
- 6 Locals celebrate as the Carlton Tavern finally re-opens
- 7 Nazanin Zaghari-Ratcliffe: Wait for second verdict could last 'until Easter'
- 8 Primrose Hill to close at night this weekend after antisocial behaviour
- 9 Hampstead, Highgate and Primrose Hill beer gardens reopening on April 12
- 10 The questions council 'must answer' after spending £23m on £10m office
A spokesman for British Transport Police said officers carried out an “extensive search of the tracks” at the Tube station after reports of trespassers but no one was found.