Golders Green gang linked to London-wide phone shop robberies
- Credit: Archant
Police believe a robbery involving youths at a Golders Green phone shop was carried out by a gang who target phone shops.
Officers were called just after noon last Thursday after eight youths were seen entering Carphone Warehouse, in Golders Green Road, and then fleeing in different directions minutes later.
Two arrests were made on a bus shortly after and some items were recovered.
The rest of the group was seen heading towards Golders Green Tube station, where it is believed they split up.
Some of the suspects were believed to have boarded a Tube train, while others were seen running southbound along the tracks towards Hampstead.
You may also want to watch:
The Northern line service was suspended in both directions between Camden Town and Edgware for two hours as police searched for the suspects.
A number of stations, including Golders Green and Hampstead, were closed.
- 1 'Picture of health': Mum's tribute to son who died of sudden cardiac arrest
- 2 Piers Plowright: 'An extraordinary force, devoted to Hampstead'
- 3 The Vagina Museum searches for new home as Camden Market leases end
- 4 Tennis coach 'distraught' at losing Belsize role amid club row
- 5 Haverstock Hill cycle lanes given the green light
- 6 Police investigate reported rape of teenager
- 7 Clapped in the street - and assaulted: Staff call for behaviour change in A&E
- 8 Barnet Council called in bailiffs over non-existent council tax bill
- 9 London Zoo's aviary unwrapped to create new monkey home
- 10 Ken Clarke's Infected Blood Inquiry words were 'offensive' – campaigners
A spokesman for British Transport Police said officers carried out an “extensive search of the tracks” at the Tube station after reports of trespassers but no one was found.