Golders Green gang linked to London-wide phone shop robberies
- Credit: Archant
Police believe a robbery involving youths at a Golders Green phone shop was carried out by a gang who target phone shops.
Officers were called just after noon last Thursday after eight youths were seen entering Carphone Warehouse, in Golders Green Road, and then fleeing in different directions minutes later.
Two arrests were made on a bus shortly after and some items were recovered.
The rest of the group was seen heading towards Golders Green Tube station, where it is believed they split up.
Some of the suspects were believed to have boarded a Tube train, while others were seen running southbound along the tracks towards Hampstead.
The Northern line service was suspended in both directions between Camden Town and Edgware for two hours as police searched for the suspects.
A number of stations, including Golders Green and Hampstead, were closed.
- 1 Barnet: Three arrested as victim of fatal stabbing named
- 2 Spurs survive 'Lasagna-gate 2' and it's over to Arsenal
- 3 Covid-19: Hospital admissions and bed occupancy continue to fall
- 4 Man in his 30s stabbed to death
- 5 St John's Wood nursery 'requires improvement' after surprise Ofsted visit
- 6 Court: Disciplinary rules not followed in 'unfair' sacking, lawyer suggests
- 7 Motorcyclist injured in Highgate Hill collision
- 8 West Hampstead woman's kids' clothes success story
- 9 Hampstead woman tells tribunal of alleged racist discrimination
- 10 'The law isn't important to us': Car tyres deflated by activists in Camden
A spokesman for British Transport Police said officers carried out an “extensive search of the tracks” at the Tube station after reports of trespassers but no one was found.