Travellers evicted from Channing School’s playing fields will face no further action over stolen caravan
- Credit: Archant
Two people arrested at the site of a travellers camp at Channing School in Highgate will face no further police action.
The Metropolitan Police had said a man and a woman were arrested at the playing fields in Stanhope Road on September 12, on suspicion of stealing a caravan.
The case was passed onto Gloucestershire Police, where the vehicle had been reported stolen from.
The travellers' brief 24-hour stay on Channing School's playing fields meant pupils were unable to use the field, a mile away from the school in The Bank. The group were evicted by police and had moved on by September 13.
A spokesperson from Gloucestershire Police said: "Both the man and woman were released from custody and will face no further police action.
You may also want to watch:
"They had been arrested on suspicion of theft of a caravan which was reported stolen in November 2018."
- 1 'Family unit': 28 Church Row wins readers' favourite restaurant
- 2 Haringey Green Lanes flat fire sees 40 firefighters tackle blaze
- 3 O2 Centre redevelopment: Decision draws on Camden planning guidance
- 4 Crouch End salesman who nursed mum runs marathon for Diabetes UK
- 5 'Lobster-like creature' pulled from Hampstead Heath ladies' pond
- 6 Explore 8 of north London's prettiest streets
- 7 For sale: Suggs' former 'bachelor pad' with gold-gilded underground bar
- 8 Met Office issues yellow warning for heavy showers in London
- 9 Anger as second audit into £23m 'Mary Celeste' office block is delayed
- 10 Free festival to take over the streets of Camden