Travellers evicted from Channing School’s playing fields will face no further action over stolen caravan
- Credit: Archant
Two people arrested at the site of a travellers camp at Channing School in Highgate will face no further police action.
The Metropolitan Police had said a man and a woman were arrested at the playing fields in Stanhope Road on September 12, on suspicion of stealing a caravan.
The case was passed onto Gloucestershire Police, where the vehicle had been reported stolen from.
The travellers' brief 24-hour stay on Channing School's playing fields meant pupils were unable to use the field, a mile away from the school in The Bank. The group were evicted by police and had moved on by September 13.
A spokesperson from Gloucestershire Police said: "Both the man and woman were released from custody and will face no further police action.
You may also want to watch:
"They had been arrested on suspicion of theft of a caravan which was reported stolen in November 2018."
- 1 'Safe and secure home' - Camden takes landlord to court over eviction threat
- 2 Car driver arrested after crash with van in Camden Town
- 3 Charitable hospital set to open new £35m wing
- 4 Piers Plowright obituary: BBC and Hampstead star dies at 83
- 5 Thames Water 'sorry' after Finchley Road diversion sees cars damaged
- 6 Man charged with indecent exposure and voyeurism in West Hampstead
- 7 'Like the Fleet's resurfaced': Flash flooding hits Hampstead and Highgate
- 8 North London floods return – with South End Green deluged again
- 9 Anger over Thames Water and Westminster Council's flash floods response
- 10 O2 Centre: Developer says it 'will listen' but still aiming for 1,900 homes