Girl, 12, found ‘drunk’ at popular bar
A FINCHLEY Road bar is having its licence reviewed after reports a 12-year-old girl was rushed to hospital with alcohol poisoning after drinking at the venue.
The Ham&High understands a customer at the 3one7 bar, next to Finchley Road and Frognal Overground Station, spotted the girl acting sozzled during a private function earlier this summer. When it became clear the youngster was seriously ill, the punter called 999 and paramedics rushed her to hospital.
It is not clear whether the girl had bought the alcohol herself or if it was bought for her by an adult companion. In a separate incident, a 16-year-old also had to be taken to hospital when she fell unconscious after drinking at the venue.
Police have built up a catalogue of witness statements and evidence of other infringements which will be presented to a Camden Council licensing committee at a later date.
When the Ham&High visited the pub this week, a man claiming he was the manager insisted that alcohol was not sold directly to the 12-year-old girl. The man, who refused to give his name said: “I know my staff, they would never serve underage kids. The drinks must have been bought for her.”
After a complaint from the police, Camden Council put the licence, which ends at 1am on weekends up for review on the grounds that the bar may be failing to protect children from harm.
Notices have been put up on lampposts outside the venue alerting neighbours to the review. A consultation period, during which they can send in their comments runs until September 17.