Ex-Hampstead private school teacher sentenced over indecent images
- Credit: Met Police
A former teacher at a Hampstead private school has been given a suspended sentence after being convicted of making indecent images of a child.
George Watkins, 28, of Dunstable, was sentenced at Wood Green Crown Court on July 29.
He had taught at North Bridge House School's senior Hampstead campus.
Watkins will face a six month sentence, suspended for two years, and will be subject to a sexual harm prevention order, community service, and a 30 day rehabilitation course.
He admitted three counts relating to the downloading of 27 indecent images.
A spokesperson for North Bridge House School said: “Safeguarding is our utmost priority and we have strict, clear policies and procedures in place to protect our students.
"All our staff go through the highest standard of safer recruitment checks and any change in circumstance identified during employment is dealt with swiftly and robustly. No children at North Bridge House Senior Hampstead were involved in this matter.”
- 1 Petrol station forecourts closed and long queues in north London
- 2 ‘I was livid': Outrage as Camden homeless man sprayed with hose
- 3 'We've been forgotten': Homeless Muswell Hill family demand action
- 4 Mayor of Camden joins West Hampstead Primary School renaming fair
- 5 New Jewish Fringe festival comes to Golders Green
- 6 Police name Newham man fatally shot in Haringey
- 7 Crunch! Eliana and Ariella's granola business success
- 8 UK's first no chicken nugget shop pops up in Camden Town
- 9 How did a double-decker bus crash straight into a Crouch End house?
- 10 'Land grab': Muswell Hill Gail's accused of taking over pavement