George Michael placed in solitary confinement in prison
The popstar has been given his own cell after prisoners heckled as he entered prison to begin his eight week jail stint.
HIGHGATE popstar George Michael has been placed in solitary confinement after being taunted by prisoners on arrival at Pentonville Prison.
The singer, who was on Tuesday sentenced to eight weeks in jail for drug driving, was greeted with prisoners singing amended versions of his hit songs including ‘Guilty George has got no Freedom’.
The 47-year-old has now been placed in a segregated unit after prison governors decided it was too risky to put him in with other inmates.
Reports have claimed Michael was in tears after breaking down when inside his cell.
You may also want to watch:
The former Wham! star is expected to serve four days in Pentonville before being moved to an open prison.
The singer, who was also handed a �1,250 fine and five-year driving ban, was charged after crashing his car into Snappy Snaps, on Hampstead High Street, while under the influence of cannabis and prescription drugs.
- 1 All Camden care home residents given Covid jab
- 2 Crouch End's 'Paul the Paper' bids farewell to Broadway stall
- 3 Apology to Barnet mother for 'embarrassing' food parcel
- 4 Mikel Arteta turns focus to new signings after Arsenal let fringe players leave
- 5 Councillors slam 'outrageous' change of plans for 100 Avenue Road
- 6 'People are scared to come out', say Hampstead coffee shops
- 7 Hampstead vaccination centre shoots for 1,000 daily Covid jabs
- 8 Hampstead Heath guru Diane is 'a lifeline' for women's walking group
- 9 Lord's Cricket Ground used as Covid-19 vaccination centre
- 10 Arsenal agree to terminate contract of defender Sokratis Papastathopoulos
Meanwhile, bookmakers William Hill are offering a couple of special bets for those looking to cash-in on the singers misfortunate.
The betting shop is offering odds of 33/1 that Michael will score a number one hit with Freedom within two weeks of his release from prison, with 66/1 that he hits top spot for Christmas with the Wham! hit Last Christmas.