Gallery: CCTV released of armed robbery at Hampstead Tesco
- Credit: Archant
Police have released terrifying CCTV stills of the moment an alleged gunman raided a supermarket in Hampstead.
Flying Squad officers investigating an armed robbery at Tesco in Heath Street published the images this week as they continue to appeal for witnesses.
A man carrying what appeared to be a gun held up the store at about 6.45am on Friday, February 28, and reportedly made off with about £1,400 of coins from the self-service checkouts, which staff had been counting.
He allegedly pointed the weapon at staff and threatened to shoot them if they did not open the tills.
Tesco staff said one cashier fell to the floor in shock and had to seek medical help because he was so traumatised.
You may also want to watch:
The suspect is a white man, about 6ft tool, who was wearing a dark green hoodie and a black hat.
Witnesses are asked to call the Flying Squad on 020 8785 8655 or Crimestoppers anonymously 0800 555 111.
- 1 £5,000 of crack cocaine and heroin found in Hampstead home
- 2 'Cash cows': Leaseholders fight for clarity and better value over 'huge bills'
- 3 Highgate School staff must undergo 'anti-sexism training' over summer
- 4 'Like the Fleet's resurfaced': Flash flooding hits Hampstead and Highgate
- 5 Property of the week: Impressive mid-terrace Kentish Town family home
- 6 Teenager's artwork reimagines grandfather's class photo
- 7 Crouch End Festival Chorus: Alexandra Palace Theatre
- 8 5 great places in north London to get away from the summer crowds
- 9 Nancy Jirira wins Fortune Green by-election, holding on to Lib Dem council seat
- 10 Haringey Council launches investigation into land deal with rapper