Fortune Green man appears in court accused of killing missing midwifery student
- Credit: Archant
A Fortune Green man charged with murdering a missing university student, who was last seen dancing at a church celebration on Boxing Day, has appeared in court.
Shohfah-El Israel, 40, of Fordwych Road, is charged with the murder of Joy Morgan, a 21-year old midwifery student at the University of Hertfordshire.
He appeared at Hatfield Remand Court on Thursday, and went before St Alban’s Crown Court a day later.
He will enter a plea at St Albans at a hearing on May 31. He has been remanded in custody.
On Thursday, Israel spoke only to give his name, confirm his date of birth and address, and to say his nationality was British.
You may also want to watch:
Israel, who has braided hair and a moustache, appeared in court wearing a green jacket.
Miss Morgan - described as slim, around 5ft 5in, with afro hair she regularly covers with a scarf, and glasses - was last seen on December 26 but no body has been found.
- 1 Brian Rose: Who is the London mayoral candidate in the suit on the billboards?
- 2 Armed police search Tube at Finchley Road and find 'imitation' gun
- 3 Teenage girls charged with Hampstead robberies
- 4 Woman dies after house fire in Muswell Hill
- 5 Hampstead Heath bosses look for injunction power to stop bad behaviour
- 6 Lilian Baylis House: Old Decca Studios site for sale, but could become listed
- 7 The Magdala: US collector digs up pub history from long before Ruth Ellis
- 8 'Forgotten Rivers' route proposed by The Ramblers
- 9 Nazanin may become 'bargaining chip' in Iran nuclear deal, warns husband
- 10 'Big elephant's backside': David Hare and Nicole Farhi slam house plans
Reporting by Press Association.