Fortune Green man appears in court accused of killing missing midwifery student
- Credit: Archant
A Fortune Green man charged with murdering a missing university student, who was last seen dancing at a church celebration on Boxing Day, has appeared in court.
Shohfah-El Israel, 40, of Fordwych Road, is charged with the murder of Joy Morgan, a 21-year old midwifery student at the University of Hertfordshire.
He appeared at Hatfield Remand Court on Thursday, and went before St Alban’s Crown Court a day later.
He will enter a plea at St Albans at a hearing on May 31. He has been remanded in custody.
On Thursday, Israel spoke only to give his name, confirm his date of birth and address, and to say his nationality was British.
You may also want to watch:
Israel, who has braided hair and a moustache, appeared in court wearing a green jacket.
Miss Morgan - described as slim, around 5ft 5in, with afro hair she regularly covers with a scarf, and glasses - was last seen on December 26 but no body has been found.
- 1 All Camden care home residents given Covid jab
- 2 Crouch End's 'Paul the Paper' bids farewell to Broadway stall
- 3 Apology to Barnet mother for 'embarrassing' food parcel
- 4 'People are scared to come out', say Hampstead coffee shops
- 5 Hampstead vaccination centre shoots for 1,000 daily Covid jabs
- 6 Lord's Cricket Ground used as Covid-19 vaccination centre
- 7 Arsenal agree to terminate contract of defender Sokratis Papastathopoulos
- 8 Jeremy Corbyn launches Peace and Justice Project with calls to action
- 9 Joan Bakewell fires legal threat to government over second Covid jab
- 10 Maida Vale florist starts weekly subscription to brighten lockdown
Reporting by Press Association.