Fortune Green man appears in court accused of killing missing midwifery student
- Credit: Archant
A Fortune Green man charged with murdering a missing university student, who was last seen dancing at a church celebration on Boxing Day, has appeared in court.
Shohfah-El Israel, 40, of Fordwych Road, is charged with the murder of Joy Morgan, a 21-year old midwifery student at the University of Hertfordshire.
He appeared at Hatfield Remand Court on Thursday, and went before St Alban’s Crown Court a day later.
He will enter a plea at St Albans at a hearing on May 31. He has been remanded in custody.
On Thursday, Israel spoke only to give his name, confirm his date of birth and address, and to say his nationality was British.
Israel, who has braided hair and a moustache, appeared in court wearing a green jacket.
Miss Morgan - described as slim, around 5ft 5in, with afro hair she regularly covers with a scarf, and glasses - was last seen on December 26 but no body has been found.
- 1 Walking book club: Hampstead Heath, Death and The Penguin
- 2 Hampstead Town's first Labour councillor stands down weeks into office
- 3 Highgate pub landlords to appeal restrictive licence approval
- 4 Five jailed after 'cold blooded' murder of Enfield father
- 5 Olympic ace opens Highgate primary school's new running track
- 6 Major tube strike to follow Queen's Platinum Jubilee long weekend
- 7 Calls for removal of South End Green phone box
- 8 Campaign launched after girl suffers fractured ribs from e-scooter crash
- 9 5 of the best things to do with kids in north London
- 10 Belsize Village restaurant hires young Ukrainian refugee
Reporting by Press Association.