Fortune Green man appears in court accused of killing missing midwifery student
- Credit: Archant
A Fortune Green man charged with murdering a missing university student, who was last seen dancing at a church celebration on Boxing Day, has appeared in court.
Shohfah-El Israel, 40, of Fordwych Road, is charged with the murder of Joy Morgan, a 21-year old midwifery student at the University of Hertfordshire.
He appeared at Hatfield Remand Court on Thursday, and went before St Alban’s Crown Court a day later.
He will enter a plea at St Albans at a hearing on May 31. He has been remanded in custody.
On Thursday, Israel spoke only to give his name, confirm his date of birth and address, and to say his nationality was British.
You may also want to watch:
Israel, who has braided hair and a moustache, appeared in court wearing a green jacket.
Miss Morgan - described as slim, around 5ft 5in, with afro hair she regularly covers with a scarf, and glasses - was last seen on December 26 but no body has been found.
- 1 Golders Green Hippodrome sold as Islamic centre plan abandoned
- 2 'From Archway to Selfridges… The Toy Project'
- 3 Guilty: Kentish Town man convicted of murdering Jack Ampadu
- 4 Hundreds gather on Primrose Hill to mourn Nicole Hurley
- 5 Richard Ratcliffe on hunger strike over government failure to secure Nazanin's release
- 6 'As a welcoming, tolerant and caring community, we have all lost'
- 7 Dusty Springfield to Doris Lessing: A dive into West Hampstead history
- 8 Top spooky Halloween events in Hampstead and Highgate
- 9 Lockdown landscape artist changes job to paint full time
- 10 Best friends: Meet the man and his cat exploring London on a bike
Reporting by Press Association.