Foiled Camden High Street robbery sees man Tasered and officer injured
- Credit: Archant
Two men have been arrested after an attempted robbery in Camden High Street saw one man being Tasered and a police officer hospitalised with a broken leg.
Just after 11am today a suspect approached Mybond pawn broker on Camden High Street and used a concrete slab to smash a window.
He was arrested at the scene by officers from the Met’s Flying Squad on suspicion of conspiracy to rob.
During the course of his arrest, he was Tasered. Police say he did not require hospital treatment.
A second suspect attempted to leave the scene on a moped and was in collision with an officer. He then collided with a wall.
You may also want to watch:
The officer has been taken to hospital with a suspected broken leg.
The suspect was arrested on suspicion of conspiracy to rob and has also been taken to hospital.
- 1 Primrose Hill candlelight vigil to celebrate life of Nicole Hurley
- 2 'Let's save The Victoria pub in Highgate'
- 3 Man charged with murder of Nicole Hurley in Primrose Hill
- 4 Tributes paid to Primrose Hill mother-of-four as fundraiser launched
- 5 Kentish Town teen creates football team to 'bring community together'
- 6 Guilty: Kentish Town man convicted of murdering Jack Ampadu
- 7 'Important for mental health': Royal Free commits to maintaining new gardens
- 8 Hundreds gather on Primrose Hill to mourn Nicole Hurley
- 9 Koko to return with extra venues and community spaces for musicians
- 10 Famous Hampstead Heath love swan Mrs Newbie dies
A police spokesman added: “Officers from the Met’s Flying Squad have arrested two people in a pre-planned operation in Camden.
“There is currently a cordon and local road closures in place.”