Foiled Camden High Street robbery sees man Tasered and officer injured
- Credit: Archant
Two men have been arrested after an attempted robbery in Camden High Street saw one man being Tasered and a police officer hospitalised with a broken leg.
Just after 11am today a suspect approached Mybond pawn broker on Camden High Street and used a concrete slab to smash a window.
He was arrested at the scene by officers from the Met’s Flying Squad on suspicion of conspiracy to rob.
During the course of his arrest, he was Tasered. Police say he did not require hospital treatment.
A second suspect attempted to leave the scene on a moped and was in collision with an officer. He then collided with a wall.
You may also want to watch:
The officer has been taken to hospital with a suspected broken leg.
The suspect was arrested on suspicion of conspiracy to rob and has also been taken to hospital.
- 1 Is lockdown working in north London? Here's what the latest data tells us
- 2 O2 Centre: developer Landsec 'looking to re-provide' Sainsbury's
- 3 Arsenal 'showing maturity' says David Luiz
- 4 Joan Bakewell fires legal threat to government over second Covid jab
- 5 Royal Free's critical care beds 98pc full as Covid-19 cases top 500
- 6 Ozil set for Arsenal exit
- 7 More goals, less mistakes needed says Spurs boss Mourinho
- 8 Homeschooling in lockdown: Top tips for a north London parent
- 9 Lord's Cricket Ground used as Covid-19 vaccination centre
- 10 Billy Vunipola fails to impress as Saracens lose to Ealing
A police spokesman added: “Officers from the Met’s Flying Squad have arrested two people in a pre-planned operation in Camden.
“There is currently a cordon and local road closures in place.”