Foiled Camden High Street robbery sees man Tasered and officer injured
- Credit: Archant
Two men have been arrested after an attempted robbery in Camden High Street saw one man being Tasered and a police officer hospitalised with a broken leg.
Just after 11am today a suspect approached Mybond pawn broker on Camden High Street and used a concrete slab to smash a window.
He was arrested at the scene by officers from the Met’s Flying Squad on suspicion of conspiracy to rob.
During the course of his arrest, he was Tasered. Police say he did not require hospital treatment.
A second suspect attempted to leave the scene on a moped and was in collision with an officer. He then collided with a wall.
You may also want to watch:
The officer has been taken to hospital with a suspected broken leg.
The suspect was arrested on suspicion of conspiracy to rob and has also been taken to hospital.
- 1 Buyers launch legal action after £75k bill for flammable cladding
- 2 When Prince's Sign o' the Times shop opened in Camden
- 3 'Big elephant's backside': David Hare and Nicole Farhi slam house plans
- 4 Senior councillors knew of chance to buy office block for £12m less than they paid
- 5 Temple Fortune's Cohens Jewellers celebrates turning 50 - a year late
- 6 New Belsize restaurant Cinder enjoys busy opening after lockdown delays
- 7 Abandoned burger trailer finally removed from Muswell Hill street
- 8 'Football is everything': Camden United on tackling knife crime and supporting community
- 9 'He was mesmerising': Barney Hoskyns on Prince, five years on
- 10 'Peace and Quiet' of Muswell Hill in band's new video
A police spokesman added: “Officers from the Met’s Flying Squad have arrested two people in a pre-planned operation in Camden.
“There is currently a cordon and local road closures in place.”