Foiled Camden High Street robbery sees man Tasered and officer injured
- Credit: Archant
Two men have been arrested after an attempted robbery in Camden High Street saw one man being Tasered and a police officer hospitalised with a broken leg.
Just after 11am today a suspect approached Mybond pawn broker on Camden High Street and used a concrete slab to smash a window.
He was arrested at the scene by officers from the Met’s Flying Squad on suspicion of conspiracy to rob.
During the course of his arrest, he was Tasered. Police say he did not require hospital treatment.
A second suspect attempted to leave the scene on a moped and was in collision with an officer. He then collided with a wall.
You may also want to watch:
The officer has been taken to hospital with a suspected broken leg.
The suspect was arrested on suspicion of conspiracy to rob and has also been taken to hospital.
- 1 Tottenham squad is slowly taking shape but uncertainty remains
- 2 Spoiler: Cycling up Haverstock Hill is hard work
- 3 Thames Water 'sorry' after Finchley Road diversion sees cars damaged
- 4 North London floods return – with South End Green deluged again
- 5 Arsenal complete signing of Norweigan midfielder Frida Maanum
- 6 Piers Plowright obituary: BBC and Hampstead star dies at 83
- 7 Ken Clarke's anger at 'pointless' Infected Blood Inquiry questions
- 8 'Body blow': Crouch End NatWest bank to close
- 9 Source Bulk Foods health store opens in Crouch End
- 10 West Heath Road flats set for approval – despite affordable housing dispute
A police spokesman added: “Officers from the Met’s Flying Squad have arrested two people in a pre-planned operation in Camden.
“There is currently a cordon and local road closures in place.”