Hampstead Heath angler asks for help after £3,000 of fly fishing kit stolen from his car
- Credit: Archant
A Hampstead angler has issued a plea for people to help him get £3,000 of stolen fishing tackle back.
Bob Gibbs had just finished giving a group of Brookfield Primary School pupils their first fishing lesson on Hampstead Heath's Model Boating Pond, when he returned to his Volvo in Millfield Lane.
He found the back window smashed, and his prize fly fishing jacket stolen.
Inside were flies for fly fishing worth more than £3,000, including some "priceless" ones given to him by late friends and relatives.
Bob, who works as a tree surgeon in Hampstead Garden Suburb, said: "I was angry, but I'm trying to forget about it. It's my lifetime collection. There's flies from two friends of mine who have died and several hundred items from others. A replacement would cost me more than that, but the sentimental value is beyond any price. I'd like to have them back.
You may also want to watch:
"It's particularly galling as I'd just been giving children fishing lessons and trying to help them out."
Scotland Yard confirmed no arrests have been made.
- 1 Women attacked by wrench-wielding man in Hampstead
- 2 South Hampstead neighbours mourn tree felled by Storm Christoph
- 3 Every single critical care bed full at hospitals
- 4 'Big victory,' says man behind Haverstock Hill cycle lanes legal challenge
- 5 Keeping your distance: Hampstead joggers and creperie crowds
- 6 Buyers claim luxury flats are 'nightmare' construction site
- 7 Crouch End's 'Paul the Paper' bids farewell to Broadway stall
- 8 Haverstock Hill cycle lanes order scrapped by Camden Council
- 9 Arteta 'very disappointed' by Arsenal exit
- 10 Camden residents offered symptom-free Covid testing