Hampstead Heath angler asks for help after £3,000 of fly fishing kit stolen from his car
- Credit: Archant
A Hampstead angler has issued a plea for people to help him get £3,000 of stolen fishing tackle back.
Bob Gibbs had just finished giving a group of Brookfield Primary School pupils their first fishing lesson on Hampstead Heath's Model Boating Pond, when he returned to his Volvo in Millfield Lane.
He found the back window smashed, and his prize fly fishing jacket stolen.
Inside were flies for fly fishing worth more than £3,000, including some "priceless" ones given to him by late friends and relatives.
Bob, who works as a tree surgeon in Hampstead Garden Suburb, said: "I was angry, but I'm trying to forget about it. It's my lifetime collection. There's flies from two friends of mine who have died and several hundred items from others. A replacement would cost me more than that, but the sentimental value is beyond any price. I'd like to have them back.
You may also want to watch:
"It's particularly galling as I'd just been giving children fishing lessons and trying to help them out."
Scotland Yard confirmed no arrests have been made.
- 1 Famous Hampstead Heath love swan Mrs Newbie dies
- 2 'Feels like a runway': Hampstead residents call for LED lamp post change
- 3 Guilty: Kentish Town man convicted of murdering Jack Ampadu
- 4 'Victim-blaming': Disabled woman fears leaving flat after neighbour's abuse
- 5 'Heart of the community': Muswell Hill Library celebrates 90 years
- 6 Italian sandwich bar set to open in Hampstead phone box
- 7 Man, 26, stabbed in Camden 'fight'
- 8 'Let's save The Victoria pub in Highgate'
- 9 Wine, cheese and caviar: New bar to open in South End Green
- 10 Prince William brings environmental Earthshot Prize ceremony to Ally Pally