Flood uncovers cannabis factory in Kentish Town flat
- Credit: Archant
Water flooding into a Kentish Town flat led to the discovery of a sophisticated cannabis farm in the property above.
Firefighters and police stumbled upon the drugs factory, in Caversham Road, after forcing entry to stop water pouring through the ceiling below in the early hours last Tuesday.
Police said there were about 40 plants growing in a “hydroponics setup” in the empty flat, along with large quantities of dried cannabis and about £5,000 in cash.
EDF Energy workers visited to make the electrics safe.
A 37-year-old man was arrested on Monday on suspicion of cannabis production.
You may also want to watch:
He has been placed on police bail.
- 1 All Camden care home residents given Covid jab
- 2 Crouch End's 'Paul the Paper' bids farewell to Broadway stall
- 3 Apology to Barnet mother for 'embarrassing' food parcel
- 4 'People are scared to come out', say Hampstead coffee shops
- 5 Hampstead vaccination centre shoots for 1,000 daily Covid jabs
- 6 Lord's Cricket Ground used as Covid-19 vaccination centre
- 7 Arsenal agree to terminate contract of defender Sokratis Papastathopoulos
- 8 Jeremy Corbyn launches Peace and Justice Project with calls to action
- 9 Joan Bakewell fires legal threat to government over second Covid jab
- 10 Free Nazanin: Calls for clarity as West Hampstead mum's sentence draws to a close