Flood uncovers cannabis factory in Kentish Town flat
- Credit: Archant
Water flooding into a Kentish Town flat led to the discovery of a sophisticated cannabis farm in the property above.
Firefighters and police stumbled upon the drugs factory, in Caversham Road, after forcing entry to stop water pouring through the ceiling below in the early hours last Tuesday.
Police said there were about 40 plants growing in a “hydroponics setup” in the empty flat, along with large quantities of dried cannabis and about £5,000 in cash.
EDF Energy workers visited to make the electrics safe.
A 37-year-old man was arrested on Monday on suspicion of cannabis production.
You may also want to watch:
He has been placed on police bail.
- 1 Buyers launch legal action after £75k bill for flammable cladding
- 2 Senior councillors knew of chance to buy office block for £12m less than they paid
- 3 New Belsize restaurant Cinder enjoys busy opening after lockdown delays
- 4 Abandoned burger trailer finally removed from Muswell Hill street
- 5 Car crashes through South Hampstead garden wall - cyclist seriously injured
- 6 'Peace and Quiet' of Muswell Hill in band's new video
- 7 Temple Fortune's Cohens Jewellers celebrates turning 50 - a year late
- 8 When Prince's Sign o' the Times shop opened in Camden
- 9 'Football is everything': Camden United on tackling knife crime and supporting community
- 10 Boy George and Bananarama join Kenwood 2021 concert line up