Flood uncovers cannabis factory in Kentish Town flat
- Credit: Archant
Water flooding into a Kentish Town flat led to the discovery of a sophisticated cannabis farm in the property above.
Firefighters and police stumbled upon the drugs factory, in Caversham Road, after forcing entry to stop water pouring through the ceiling below in the early hours last Tuesday.
Police said there were about 40 plants growing in a “hydroponics setup” in the empty flat, along with large quantities of dried cannabis and about £5,000 in cash.
EDF Energy workers visited to make the electrics safe.
A 37-year-old man was arrested on Monday on suspicion of cannabis production.
You may also want to watch:
He has been placed on police bail.
- 1 London Zoo's aviary unwrapped to create new monkey home
- 2 Police investigate reported rape of teenager
- 3 Tennis coach 'distraught' at losing Belsize role amid club row
- 4 Arsenal start pre-season with win over Chelsea but dealt blow with Jordan Nobbs injury
- 5 'Safe and secure home' - Camden takes landlord to court over eviction threat
- 6 Car driver arrested after crash with van in Camden Town
- 7 'Time for banks to share a Crouch End branch'
- 8 E-scooters set for Camden as council boss backs rental trial
- 9 Motorcyclist in 'life-threatening' condition after collision with a car in Maida Vale
- 10 Harry Kane: Boyhood club cult status or chase that silverware?