Flood uncovers cannabis factory in Kentish Town flat
- Credit: Archant
Water flooding into a Kentish Town flat led to the discovery of a sophisticated cannabis farm in the property above.
Firefighters and police stumbled upon the drugs factory, in Caversham Road, after forcing entry to stop water pouring through the ceiling below in the early hours last Tuesday.
Police said there were about 40 plants growing in a “hydroponics setup” in the empty flat, along with large quantities of dried cannabis and about £5,000 in cash.
EDF Energy workers visited to make the electrics safe.
A 37-year-old man was arrested on Monday on suspicion of cannabis production.
You may also want to watch:
He has been placed on police bail.
- 1 Guilty: Kentish Town man convicted of murdering Jack Ampadu
- 2 Man, 26, stabbed in Camden 'fight'
- 3 David Amess murder: Met searches London addresses
- 4 'Heart of the community': Muswell Hill Library celebrates 90 years
- 5 West Hampstead Women's Institute celebrates 10-year milestone
- 6 Tributes paid to Primrose Hill mother-of-four as fundraiser launched
- 7 Man charged with murder of Nicole Hurley in Primrose Hill
- 8 Gay music hall icon Fred Barnes to be honoured with Maida Vale plaque
- 9 Coldplay and Ed Sheeran to perform at Earthshot Prize ceremony at Ally Pally
- 10 'Forever grateful': Community steps up after man's dog dies on Hampstead Heath