Flasher evades capture after striking for the sixth time on Hampstead Heath
A flasher prowling Hampstead Heath has evaded capture again after exposing himself for the sixth time.
Police launched a manhunt on Monday after a man flashed a woman in Spaniards Road, Hampstead at 8.45am. Despite efforts to flush him out of the Heath, he escaped.
Schools have issued warnings to pupils and parents about the flasher and officers have stepped up patrols in the area.
It is the sixth time the flasher, believed to be between 20 and 40, has exposed himself on the open space. He has also been spotted in Heath Brow, Kenwood House, West Heath Road and Jack Straw’s Castle.
A police source said the man – described as being of European appearance – is targeting women.
You may also want to watch:
Eyewitness have reported the flasher carried a knife, but police said this had not been confirmed.
A police spokesman said: “Police have stepped up patrols in the Heath area and both uniformed and plain clothes officers are actively seeking the suspect.”
- 1 Primrose Hill candlelight vigil to celebrate life of Nicole Hurley
- 2 'Let's save The Victoria pub in Highgate'
- 3 Tributes paid to Primrose Hill mother-of-four as fundraiser launched
- 4 Famous Hampstead Heath love swan Mrs Newbie dies
- 5 Man charged with murder of Nicole Hurley in Primrose Hill
- 6 Italian sandwich bar set to open in Hampstead phone box
- 7 'Important for mental health': Royal Free commits to maintaining new gardens
- 8 Guilty: Kentish Town man convicted of murdering Jack Ampadu
- 9 Met Office warns of flooding risk with heavy rain set to hit London
- 10 'Feels like a runway': Hampstead residents call for LED lamp post change
Anyone with information is asked to call Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111 or Camden Police on 101.