Flasher evades capture after striking for the sixth time on Hampstead Heath
A flasher prowling Hampstead Heath has evaded capture again after exposing himself for the sixth time.
Police launched a manhunt on Monday after a man flashed a woman in Spaniards Road, Hampstead at 8.45am. Despite efforts to flush him out of the Heath, he escaped.
Schools have issued warnings to pupils and parents about the flasher and officers have stepped up patrols in the area.
It is the sixth time the flasher, believed to be between 20 and 40, has exposed himself on the open space. He has also been spotted in Heath Brow, Kenwood House, West Heath Road and Jack Straw’s Castle.
A police source said the man – described as being of European appearance – is targeting women.
You may also want to watch:
Eyewitness have reported the flasher carried a knife, but police said this had not been confirmed.
A police spokesman said: “Police have stepped up patrols in the Heath area and both uniformed and plain clothes officers are actively seeking the suspect.”
- 1 Teenager's artwork reimagines grandfather's class photo
- 2 Haringey Council launches investigation into land deal with rapper
- 3 Highgate's assassin: the student hostel where a murder was planned
- 4 5 great places in north London to get away from the summer crowds
- 5 Modern murder mysteries set in the heart of Hampstead
- 6 £5,000 of crack cocaine and heroin found in Hampstead home
- 7 Crouch End Festival Chorus: Alexandra Palace Theatre
- 8 Nancy Jirira wins Fortune Green by-election, holding on to Lib Dem council seat
- 9 'Like the Fleet's resurfaced': Flash flooding hits Hampstead and Highgate
- 10 Vehicles scraped and traffic chaos after width-restriction bollards moved
Anyone with information is asked to call Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111 or Camden Police on 101.