Flasher evades capture after striking for the sixth time on Hampstead Heath
A flasher prowling Hampstead Heath has evaded capture again after exposing himself for the sixth time.
Police launched a manhunt on Monday after a man flashed a woman in Spaniards Road, Hampstead at 8.45am. Despite efforts to flush him out of the Heath, he escaped.
Schools have issued warnings to pupils and parents about the flasher and officers have stepped up patrols in the area.
It is the sixth time the flasher, believed to be between 20 and 40, has exposed himself on the open space. He has also been spotted in Heath Brow, Kenwood House, West Heath Road and Jack Straw’s Castle.
A police source said the man – described as being of European appearance – is targeting women.
You may also want to watch:
Eyewitness have reported the flasher carried a knife, but police said this had not been confirmed.
A police spokesman said: “Police have stepped up patrols in the Heath area and both uniformed and plain clothes officers are actively seeking the suspect.”
- 1 Developer's plan for six houses in old pub car park in Highgate Hill
- 2 Nazanin may become 'bargaining chip' in Iran nuclear deal, warns husband
- 3 Woman dies after house fire in Muswell Hill
- 4 Camden's Levertons to arrange the funeral of Prince Philip on April 17
- 5 Helen McCrory: 'Mighty' Tufnell Park actress dies aged 52
- 6 Hampstead Ballet School star wins place at Bolshoi academy in Moscow
- 7 Tottenham boss Mourinho unsure on extent of Harry Kane's injury
- 8 Hampstead robberies: Inside the police chase which caught 8 violent criminals
- 9 Nazanin Zaghari-Ratcliffe: Wait for second verdict could last 'until Easter'
- 10 For Nazanin's sake, hostage-taking must be a nuclear deal issue
Anyone with information is asked to call Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111 or Camden Police on 101.