Flasher evades capture after striking for the sixth time on Hampstead Heath
A flasher prowling Hampstead Heath has evaded capture again after exposing himself for the sixth time.
Police launched a manhunt on Monday after a man flashed a woman in Spaniards Road, Hampstead at 8.45am. Despite efforts to flush him out of the Heath, he escaped.
Schools have issued warnings to pupils and parents about the flasher and officers have stepped up patrols in the area.
It is the sixth time the flasher, believed to be between 20 and 40, has exposed himself on the open space. He has also been spotted in Heath Brow, Kenwood House, West Heath Road and Jack Straw’s Castle.
A police source said the man – described as being of European appearance – is targeting women.
Eyewitness have reported the flasher carried a knife, but police said this had not been confirmed.
A police spokesman said: “Police have stepped up patrols in the Heath area and both uniformed and plain clothes officers are actively seeking the suspect.”
- 1 First Muslim lord mayor of Westminster announced
- 2 CCTV footage released as family pay tribute to 'loving son' Olsi
- 3 Toff's of Muswell Hill celebrates Fish and Chips Day with 50 free glasses of fizz
- 4 Floating park between Camden Town and King's Cross
- 5 Duke's Head noise complaints committee hearing
- 6 Community joy as Murphy's Yard application withdrawn
- 7 Hampstead nursery slams church over impending eviction
- 8 Camden, Westminster raids as 14 arrested in sex trafficking warrants
- 9 Cartoonist creates celebrity tube map
- 10 Barnet: Two men charged following fatal High Road stabbing
Anyone with information is asked to call Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111 or Camden Police on 101.