Flasher evades capture after striking for the sixth time on Hampstead Heath
A flasher prowling Hampstead Heath has evaded capture again after exposing himself for the sixth time.
Police launched a manhunt on Monday after a man flashed a woman in Spaniards Road, Hampstead at 8.45am. Despite efforts to flush him out of the Heath, he escaped.
Schools have issued warnings to pupils and parents about the flasher and officers have stepped up patrols in the area.
It is the sixth time the flasher, believed to be between 20 and 40, has exposed himself on the open space. He has also been spotted in Heath Brow, Kenwood House, West Heath Road and Jack Straw’s Castle.
A police source said the man – described as being of European appearance – is targeting women.
You may also want to watch:
Eyewitness have reported the flasher carried a knife, but police said this had not been confirmed.
A police spokesman said: “Police have stepped up patrols in the Heath area and both uniformed and plain clothes officers are actively seeking the suspect.”
- 1 Jeremy Corbyn launches Peace and Justice Project with calls to action
- 2 Arsenal 'showing maturity' says David Luiz
- 3 Is lockdown working in north London? Here's what the latest data tells us
- 4 Homeschooling in lockdown: Top tips for a north London parent
- 5 Joan Bakewell fires legal threat to government over second Covid jab
- 6 O2 Centre: developer Landsec 'looking to re-provide' Sainsbury's
- 7 Ozil set for Arsenal exit
- 8 More goals, less mistakes needed says Spurs boss Mourinho
- 9 Royal Free's critical care beds 98pc full as Covid-19 cases top 500
- 10 Letters: Local business, vaccination, Abacus and The Ponds
Anyone with information is asked to call Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111 or Camden Police on 101.