Flasher in Belsize Park: Police warn women to stay alert
- Credit: PA Wire/Press Association Images
Police in Camden are appealing for women to stay alert or to come forward if they have been victims of a man exposing himself in the Haverstock Hill area.
Officers were called to reports of a man exposing himself to passersby in Steele’s Road, Steele’s Village, on Wednesday, October 28 at just after 5pm.
The suspect was seen sitting in a doorway and, as a number of women walked past, he stood up and pulled his trousers down exposing himself.
Police attended the scene and arrested a 38-year-old man on suspicion of indecent exposure.
He has been detained for treatment under the Mental Health Act and will return on bail in January 2015.
You may also want to watch:
Police enquiries continue.
PC Lisa Baker, from Camden, said: “I am appealing for witnesses and information in relation to these indecent exposures that have taken place in the area.”
- 1 Keepers read bedtime 'tails' from London Zoo during closure
- 2 Jeremy Corbyn launches Peace and Justice Project with calls to action
- 3 O2 Centre: developer Landsec 'looking to re-provide' Sainsbury's
- 4 Arsenal boss Arteta worried about player burnout
- 5 Crouch End Vampires help feed homeless with soup kitchen fundraiser
- 6 Is lockdown working in north London? Here's what the latest data tells us
- 7 Arsenal column: Granit Xhaka the stand out performer since Boxing Day but some of his senior professionals continue to disappoint
- 8 Lord's Cricket Ground used as Covid-19 vaccination centre
- 9 Rebuilt Carlton Tavern will be 'heart of the community' say hopeful landlords
- 10 West Hampstead restaurant cooks for NHS carers
If anyone believes they have information about similar incidents, they are asked to contact police on 101 or Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.