Five Camden police officers sacked for posting photos of members of the public online
- Credit: Archant
The pictures were taken secretly and posted on social media with ‘disrespectful’ comments.
A misconduct hearing on Friday was told that the five unnamed male officers had covertly photographed members of the public and colleagues while on duty before exchanging them on social media accompanied with “disrespectful and in one case predatory” comments.
The comments are understood to be of a sexual nature, but not racial or religious.
The officers, who were attached to Camden borough while the incidents took place, were dismissed for misconduct without notice after a disciplinary hearing which concluded on Friday, Scotland Yard said.
One other officer has been given a final written warning and another, who was arrested last year after similar allegations were made against him, has resigned. No charges were brought against him, but a misconduct investigation was pursued before he resigned.
You may also want to watch:
The men had breached the professional standards of “conduct and authority, respect and courtesy” the Met expects, the hearing heard.
Deputy Assistant Commissioner Fiona Taylor, of the force’s directorate of professionalism, said: “This was disgraceful behaviour from a small group of officers and it is only right and just that they have been dismissed from the Met.
- 1 Buyers launch legal action after £75k bill for flammable cladding
- 2 Developer's plan for six houses in old pub car park in Highgate Hill
- 3 Car crashes through South Hampstead garden wall - cyclist seriously injured
- 4 Abandoned burger trailer finally removed from Muswell Hill street
- 5 Senior councillors knew of chance to buy office block for £12m less than they paid
- 6 The Heath, exhaust theft, public access, Centene, the Streatery and more
- 7 Nazanin may become 'bargaining chip' in Iran nuclear deal, warns husband
- 8 Woman dies after house fire in Muswell Hill
- 9 Helen McCrory: 'Mighty' Tufnell Park actor dies aged 52
- 10 Boy George and Bananarama join Kenwood 2021 concert line up
“We expect the very highest standards of behaviour from our officers and when they fall short of those standards they can expect to be held to account.”