Fire breaks out in Highgate flat with 21 firefighters at the scene
- Credit: Archant
Firefighters are still working to put out a fire in the quiet residential street
There are currently four fire engines and 21 fire fighters at the scene of a fire on Highgate West Hill, near the Flask pub.
The fire brigade was called to the scene at 10.50am this morning and are still working to put out the fire.
They are at a terraced house which has been converted into flats.
Part of the ground floor flat is still alight.
Ian White, who lives in Bacons Lane off South Grove, the road behind Highgate West Hill, witnessed “thick black smoke” earlier this morning and saw that the side of the road had been cordoned off.
Police have arrived to divert traffic away from the top of Highgate West Hill.
- 1 Barnet: Three arrested as victim of fatal stabbing named
- 2 Spurs survive 'Lasagna-gate 2' and it's over to Arsenal
- 3 Man in his 30s stabbed to death
- 4 West Hampstead woman's kids' clothes success story
- 5 'Lianne La Havas gets big love from Koko crowd'
- 6 Motorcyclist injured in Highgate Hill collision
- 7 Hampstead pharmacy under investigation over extra charges for prescriptions
- 8 'The law isn't important to us': Car tyres deflated by activists in Camden
- 9 Beloved father choked to death on cauliflower after Highgate Care Home 'neglect'
- 10 St John's Wood nursery 'requires improvement' after surprise Ofsted visit
Fire crews from Kentish Town, Holloway and Hornsey fire stations are at the scene.
The cause of the fire is not known at this stage.
UPDATE: The fire brigade extinguished the fire by 12.55pm. There were no reports of injuries or anyone evacuated.