Fire breaks out in Highgate flat with 21 firefighters at the scene
- Credit: Archant
Firefighters are still working to put out a fire in the quiet residential street
There are currently four fire engines and 21 fire fighters at the scene of a fire on Highgate West Hill, near the Flask pub.
The fire brigade was called to the scene at 10.50am this morning and are still working to put out the fire.
They are at a terraced house which has been converted into flats.
Part of the ground floor flat is still alight.
You may also want to watch:
Ian White, who lives in Bacons Lane off South Grove, the road behind Highgate West Hill, witnessed “thick black smoke” earlier this morning and saw that the side of the road had been cordoned off.
Police have arrived to divert traffic away from the top of Highgate West Hill.
- 1 Keepers read bedtime 'tails' from London Zoo during closure
- 2 Jeremy Corbyn launches Peace and Justice Project with calls to action
- 3 O2 Centre: developer Landsec 'looking to re-provide' Sainsbury's
- 4 Arsenal boss Arteta worried about player burnout
- 5 Crouch End Vampires help feed homeless with soup kitchen fundraiser
- 6 Is lockdown working in north London? Here's what the latest data tells us
- 8 Lord's Cricket Ground used as Covid-19 vaccination centre
- 9 Rebuilt Carlton Tavern will be 'heart of the community' say hopeful landlords
- 10 West Hampstead restaurant cooks for NHS carers
Fire crews from Kentish Town, Holloway and Hornsey fire stations are at the scene.
The cause of the fire is not known at this stage.
UPDATE: The fire brigade extinguished the fire by 12.55pm. There were no reports of injuries or anyone evacuated.