Fire breaks out in Highgate flat with 21 firefighters at the scene
- Credit: Archant
Firefighters are still working to put out a fire in the quiet residential street
There are currently four fire engines and 21 fire fighters at the scene of a fire on Highgate West Hill, near the Flask pub.
The fire brigade was called to the scene at 10.50am this morning and are still working to put out the fire.
They are at a terraced house which has been converted into flats.
Part of the ground floor flat is still alight.
You may also want to watch:
Ian White, who lives in Bacons Lane off South Grove, the road behind Highgate West Hill, witnessed “thick black smoke” earlier this morning and saw that the side of the road had been cordoned off.
Police have arrived to divert traffic away from the top of Highgate West Hill.
- 1 'Silver lining of lockdown': Blockheads saxophonist brings Muswell Hill cheer
- 2 'It's a godsend': Hampstead pubs and shops back serving the community
- 3 Camden's Levertons to arrange the funeral of Prince Philip on April 17
- 4 Nazanin may become 'bargaining chip' in Iran nuclear deal, warns husband
- 5 Lockdown easing April 12 live updates: North London shops and pubs reopen
- 6 Locals celebrate as the Carlton Tavern finally re-opens
- 7 Highgate reopens: Pubs and salons 'elated' to be back as lockdown eases
- 8 Royal Free ITU nurse who swapped the Caribbean for a Covid ward
- 9 Child artworks breathe life into Hampstead Heath and Gospel Oak bridge
- 10 Nazanin Zaghari-Ratcliffe: Wait for second verdict could last 'until Easter'
Fire crews from Kentish Town, Holloway and Hornsey fire stations are at the scene.
The cause of the fire is not known at this stage.
UPDATE: The fire brigade extinguished the fire by 12.55pm. There were no reports of injuries or anyone evacuated.