Fire breaks out in Highgate flat with 21 firefighters at the scene
- Credit: Archant
Firefighters are still working to put out a fire in the quiet residential street
There are currently four fire engines and 21 fire fighters at the scene of a fire on Highgate West Hill, near the Flask pub.
The fire brigade was called to the scene at 10.50am this morning and are still working to put out the fire.
They are at a terraced house which has been converted into flats.
Part of the ground floor flat is still alight.
You may also want to watch:
Ian White, who lives in Bacons Lane off South Grove, the road behind Highgate West Hill, witnessed “thick black smoke” earlier this morning and saw that the side of the road had been cordoned off.
Police have arrived to divert traffic away from the top of Highgate West Hill.
- 1 Car driver arrested after crash with van in Camden Town
- 2 'Safe and secure home' - Camden takes landlord to court over eviction threat
- 3 CQC says Royal Free 'comprehensively responded' to maternity issues
- 4 Anger over Thames Water and Westminster Council's flash floods response
- 5 Piers Plowright obituary: BBC and Hampstead star dies at 83
- 6 Man charged with indecent exposure and voyeurism in West Hampstead
- 7 Camden councillors rally against constituency boundary changes
- 8 O2 Centre: Developer says it 'will listen' but still aiming for 1,900 homes
- 9 Charitable hospital set to open new £35m wing
- 10 North London floods return – with South End Green deluged again
Fire crews from Kentish Town, Holloway and Hornsey fire stations are at the scene.
The cause of the fire is not known at this stage.
UPDATE: The fire brigade extinguished the fire by 12.55pm. There were no reports of injuries or anyone evacuated.