Brazen West Hampstead plant pot thief caught on CCTV
- Credit: Archant
A green-fingered thief was caught red-handed after being spotted on CCTV walking off with a £50 plant pot in West Hampstead.
The unidentified man stole the pricey planter from outside the Broadhurst Gardens home of the man behind the @FinchleyRdBuzz Twitter account on Tuesday last week.
The victim, who did not want his real name revealed, described the plant pot as dark grey.
He added he had reported the crime to police but didn’t expect anything to come of it.
He told the Ham&High: “At 11.15 at night, some dude walks down my alley and just picks up a plant pot.
“I think about two weeks ago I spotted this woman late at night having a look, so I think they must have planned it.”
Police said they were investigating – but have yet to make an arrest.
- 1 Positives for Arsenal despite missing top four
- 2 Calls to make road in front of a Highgate school safer
- 3 Barnet leader pledges council tax rebate and an end to outsourcing
- 4 The Queen’s Platinum Jubilee flypast: Where, and when, the planes will fly over north and east London
- 5 Parliament Hill flower shop comes to pupils' rescue
- 6 Floating park between Camden Town and King's Cross
- 7 Highgate woman pledges £1million for children's autism charity
- 8 CCTV footage released as family pay tribute to 'loving son' Olsi
- 9 Harry Hill's Tony Blair rock opera premieres at Park Theatre
- 10 Nazanin was 'forced' to sign false confession by Iran
Anyone with information is asked to call cops on 101. Alternatively, phone Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.