Brazen West Hampstead plant pot thief caught on CCTV
- Credit: Archant
A green-fingered thief was caught red-handed after being spotted on CCTV walking off with a £50 plant pot in West Hampstead.
The unidentified man stole the pricey planter from outside the Broadhurst Gardens home of the man behind the @FinchleyRdBuzz Twitter account on Tuesday last week.
The victim, who did not want his real name revealed, described the plant pot as dark grey.
He added he had reported the crime to police but didn’t expect anything to come of it.
He told the Ham&High: “At 11.15 at night, some dude walks down my alley and just picks up a plant pot.
You may also want to watch:
“I think about two weeks ago I spotted this woman late at night having a look, so I think they must have planned it.”
Police said they were investigating – but have yet to make an arrest.
- 1 Arrests made after reports of antisemitic abuse in St John's Wood
- 2 Arsenal Women on cloud nine after big FA Cup win
- 3 Lane closure scrapped after high pollution readings double
- 4 Pubs and restaurants look forward to 'normality' of indoors on May 17
- 5 Tottenham Women seal extra time win over Sheffield United
- 6 Falling stonework narrowly misses outdoor diners at Crouch End cafe
- 7 Hampstead man jailed for pub 'revenge attack' on Jewish Tory barrister
- 8 Owner mourns Highgate station’s beloved black cat
- 9 Obituary: 'Striking and beautiful' north London mother Mary Collins
- 10 You have to laugh – mental health and the role of comedy in our lives
Anyone with information is asked to call cops on 101. Alternatively, phone Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.