Brazen West Hampstead plant pot thief caught on CCTV
- Credit: Archant
A green-fingered thief was caught red-handed after being spotted on CCTV walking off with a £50 plant pot in West Hampstead.
The unidentified man stole the pricey planter from outside the Broadhurst Gardens home of the man behind the @FinchleyRdBuzz Twitter account on Tuesday last week.
The victim, who did not want his real name revealed, described the plant pot as dark grey.
He added he had reported the crime to police but didn’t expect anything to come of it.
He told the Ham&High: “At 11.15 at night, some dude walks down my alley and just picks up a plant pot.
You may also want to watch:
“I think about two weeks ago I spotted this woman late at night having a look, so I think they must have planned it.”
Police said they were investigating – but have yet to make an arrest.
- 1 'Land grab': Muswell Hill Gail's accused of taking over pavement
- 2 How did a double-decker bus crash straight into a Crouch End house?
- 3 Man killed in 'shooting' in north London
- 4 Man killed and two injured in triple shooting
- 5 Appeal to find four children missing from north London with father and grandmother
- 6 Man jailed for rape of young girl in north London 40 years ago
- 7 Spot the '90s pop stars in the Never Mind the Buzzcocks identity parade
- 8 'It's devastating': Golders Green mother speaks out about rare genetic disease
- 9 Russia 'responsible for assassinating' Muswell Hill resident Litvinenko
- 10 Explore 8 of north London's prettiest streets
Anyone with information is asked to call cops on 101. Alternatively, phone Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.