Figures show Camden has third highest rate of crime in London
- Credit: PA Archive/PA Images
Camden recorded the third highest amount of crimes across London in the two years up until March.
Figures published by the Metropolitan Police show that there were 72,010 recorded crimes in the borough from March 2016 to March 2018, falling only behind Westminster and Lambeth.
Camden recorded the second highest number of thefts in London with a total of 36,415. Of these 11,369 were thefts from a person - where property is taken from a victim’s hands such as moped enabled phone snatches.
There were nine murders in Camden and the borough came fifth for robberies at 3251 and seventh for burglaries at 5990 which was less than Barnet which came second with 7199 burglaries.
The borough had the ninth highest number of sexual offences in the Metropolitan Police area with 1,447 offences of which 863 were rapes.
You may also want to watch:
There were a total of 1666,118 crimes recorded for the period across London.
- 1 Hampstead creperies told to close by Camden Council because of 'Covid risk'
- 2 Teenager dies after stabbing in Archway
- 3 HS2 tunnel protesters evicted in 'siege' outside Euston Station
- 4 Camden Council 'considers' bringing leisure centres in-house post-Covid
- 5 Ole & Steen bakery set to open in Hampstead's former Café Rouge
- 6 Police mourn 'devoted' Camden constable who died from Covid
- 7 Keeping your distance: Hampstead joggers and creperie crowds
- 8 We must take the vaccine to protect the BAME community
- 9 Archway stabbing: 16-year-old arrested on suspicion of murder
- 10 Royal Free calls in the army as 'unprecedented' demand continues