Figures show Camden has third highest rate of crime in London
- Credit: PA Archive/PA Images
Camden recorded the third highest amount of crimes across London in the two years up until March.
Figures published by the Metropolitan Police show that there were 72,010 recorded crimes in the borough from March 2016 to March 2018, falling only behind Westminster and Lambeth.
Camden recorded the second highest number of thefts in London with a total of 36,415. Of these 11,369 were thefts from a person - where property is taken from a victim’s hands such as moped enabled phone snatches.
There were nine murders in Camden and the borough came fifth for robberies at 3251 and seventh for burglaries at 5990 which was less than Barnet which came second with 7199 burglaries.
The borough had the ninth highest number of sexual offences in the Metropolitan Police area with 1,447 offences of which 863 were rapes.
You may also want to watch:
There were a total of 1666,118 crimes recorded for the period across London.
- 1 Guilty: Kentish Town man convicted of murdering Jack Ampadu
- 2 Famous Hampstead Heath love swan Mrs Newbie dies
- 3 'Feels like a runway': Hampstead residents call for LED lamp post change
- 4 'Heart of the community': Muswell Hill Library celebrates 90 years
- 5 Man, 26, stabbed in Camden 'fight'
- 6 West Hampstead Women's Institute celebrates 10-year milestone
- 7 David Amess murder: Met searches London addresses
- 8 'Victim-blaming': Disabled woman fears leaving flat after neighbour's abuse
- 9 'State pension must be raised or older people face a dismal future'
- 10 Tributes paid to Primrose Hill mother-of-four as fundraiser launched