Figures show Camden has third highest rate of crime in London
- Credit: Archant
Camden recorded the third highest amount of crimes across London in the 12 months up until June of this year.
Figures published by the Office for National Statistics show that there were 33,217 recorded crimes in the borough, falling only behind Westminster and Lambeth.
This data comes as it was revealed earlier this week that Camden has seen the highest number of moped related incidents in the capital between January and September of this year. There have been more than 17,000 reports of moped crime across London with more than four thousand in Camden.
Camden recorded the third most non-domestic burglaries with 1,318 and the third most thefts from a person, with 4,752.
There were three homicides in the borough and nearly two thousand criminal damage and arson offences. 1,456 domestic burglary offences were made, whilst there were more than 1,300 drug offences and 665 sexual offences.
You may also want to watch:
Barnet led the way with domestic burglaries across the city with 2,406 and Haringey saw the fourth highest levels of robberies with 1,476.
Over 50,000 crimes were recorded in Westminster, almost 20,000 more than Lambeth who saw the second highest.
- 1 Woman dies after house fire in Muswell Hill
- 2 Helen McCrory: 'Mighty' Tufnell Park actress dies aged 52
- 3 Hampstead Ballet School star wins place at Bolshoi academy in Moscow
- 4 Nazanin may become 'bargaining chip' in Iran nuclear deal, warns husband
- 5 What's next? Covid-19 and the future of Hampstead Village
- 6 Slavia Prague v Arsenal: Five Things We Learned
- 7 Hampstead robberies: Inside the police chase which caught 8 violent criminals
- 8 Camden's Levertons to arrange the funeral of Prince Philip on April 17
- 9 Myanmar ambassador pleads for help from Hampstead doorstep
- 10 For Nazanin's sake, hostage-taking must be a nuclear deal issue
Haringey saw 28,823 crimes in the borough.