Figures show Camden has third highest rate of crime in London
- Credit: Archant
Camden recorded the third highest amount of crimes across London in the 12 months up until June of this year.
Figures published by the Office for National Statistics show that there were 33,217 recorded crimes in the borough, falling only behind Westminster and Lambeth.
This data comes as it was revealed earlier this week that Camden has seen the highest number of moped related incidents in the capital between January and September of this year. There have been more than 17,000 reports of moped crime across London with more than four thousand in Camden.
Camden recorded the third most non-domestic burglaries with 1,318 and the third most thefts from a person, with 4,752.
There were three homicides in the borough and nearly two thousand criminal damage and arson offences. 1,456 domestic burglary offences were made, whilst there were more than 1,300 drug offences and 665 sexual offences.
You may also want to watch:
Barnet led the way with domestic burglaries across the city with 2,406 and Haringey saw the fourth highest levels of robberies with 1,476.
Over 50,000 crimes were recorded in Westminster, almost 20,000 more than Lambeth who saw the second highest.
- 1 Famous Hampstead Heath love swan Mrs Newbie dies
- 2 Guilty: Kentish Town man convicted of murdering Jack Ampadu
- 3 'Feels like a runway': Hampstead residents call for LED lamp post change
- 4 'Heart of the community': Muswell Hill Library celebrates 90 years
- 5 Man, 26, stabbed in Camden 'fight'
- 6 'Victim-blaming': Disabled woman fears leaving flat after neighbour's abuse
- 7 West Hampstead Women's Institute celebrates 10-year milestone
- 8 'State pension must be raised or older people face a dismal future'
- 9 'You're welcome here': Best pals, 12, make care packages for Afghan refugees
- 10 Charles de Gaulle's old Hampstead home on sale for £15m
Haringey saw 28,823 crimes in the borough.