Father guilty of abusing daughter
EXCLUSIVE: A man from Hornsey has been found guilty of child cruelty after physically and emotionally abusing his daughter for over a decade.
The jury at Wood Green Crown Court convicted him on Thursday following a three-day trial in which the girl, who cannot be named, gave evidence against her father.
The violence began when at the age of two she was left on the sofa at home with her father and he struck her so hard it left four red finger marks across her face.
The man was also convicted of ripping up her books and posters, calling her a slut, telling her he wanted her to suffer and that he wanted to ruin her life, and spitting in her face.
He is due to be sentenced at Wood Green Crown Court on January 7.
You may also want to watch:
For the full story read the Ham&High Broadway on December 16.
- 1 Spoiler: Cycling up Haverstock Hill is hard work
- 2 Thames Water 'sorry' after Finchley Road diversion sees cars damaged
- 3 Suburb couple start canal concerts with afternoon tea
- 4 Piers Plowright obituary: BBC and Hampstead star dies at 83
- 5 North London floods return – with South End Green deluged again
- 6 O2 Centre: Developer says it 'will listen' but still aiming for 1,900 homes
- 7 West Heath Road flats set for approval – despite affordable housing dispute
- 8 'Something out of Blade Runner?' BT eyes screen near cinema
- 9 Winter closure of Royal Free kids A&E 'boosted Covid resilience' – NHS report
- 10 Ken Clarke's anger at 'pointless' Infected Blood Inquiry questions