Father guilty of abusing daughter
EXCLUSIVE: A man from Hornsey has been found guilty of child cruelty after physically and emotionally abusing his daughter for over a decade.
The jury at Wood Green Crown Court convicted him on Thursday following a three-day trial in which the girl, who cannot be named, gave evidence against her father.
The violence began when at the age of two she was left on the sofa at home with her father and he struck her so hard it left four red finger marks across her face.
The man was also convicted of ripping up her books and posters, calling her a slut, telling her he wanted her to suffer and that he wanted to ruin her life, and spitting in her face.
He is due to be sentenced at Wood Green Crown Court on January 7.
You may also want to watch:
For the full story read the Ham&High Broadway on December 16.
- 1 Keepers read bedtime 'tails' from London Zoo during closure
- 2 Jeremy Corbyn launches Peace and Justice Project with calls to action
- 3 Crouch End Vampires help feed homeless with soup kitchen fundraiser
- 4 O2 Centre: developer Landsec 'looking to re-provide' Sainsbury's
- 5 Rebuilt Carlton Tavern will be 'heart of the community' say hopeful landlords
- 6 West Hampstead restaurant cooks for NHS carers
- 7 Free Nazanin: Calls for clarity as West Hampstead mum's sentence draws to a close
- 8 Lord's Cricket Ground used as Covid-19 vaccination centre
- 9 Hampstead families aim to raise £50,000 to feed Royal Free medics
- 10 Is lockdown working in north London? Here's what the latest data tells us