Father guilty of abusing daughter
EXCLUSIVE: A man from Hornsey has been found guilty of child cruelty after physically and emotionally abusing his daughter for over a decade.
The jury at Wood Green Crown Court convicted him on Thursday following a three-day trial in which the girl, who cannot be named, gave evidence against her father.
The violence began when at the age of two she was left on the sofa at home with her father and he struck her so hard it left four red finger marks across her face.
The man was also convicted of ripping up her books and posters, calling her a slut, telling her he wanted her to suffer and that he wanted to ruin her life, and spitting in her face.
He is due to be sentenced at Wood Green Crown Court on January 7.
You may also want to watch:
For the full story read the Ham&High Broadway on December 16.
- 1 Woman dies after house fire in Muswell Hill
- 2 Nazanin may become 'bargaining chip' in Iran nuclear deal, warns husband
- 3 Helen McCrory: 'Mighty' Tufnell Park actress dies aged 52
- 4 Slavia Prague v Arsenal: Five Things We Learned
- 5 Camden's Levertons to arrange the funeral of Prince Philip on April 17
- 6 Hampstead Ballet School star wins place at Bolshoi academy in Moscow
- 7 Developer's plan for six houses in old pub car park in Highgate Hill
- 8 What's next? Covid-19 and the future of Hampstead Village
- 9 Hampstead robberies: Inside the police chase which caught 8 violent criminals
- 10 For Nazanin's sake, hostage-taking must be a nuclear deal issue