Father accused of killing 12-year-old son from Camden by shaking him when a baby
- Credit: central news
A father has been accused of killing his 12-year-old son by violently shaking him when he was a five week old baby.
Allan Young, 35, appeared at the Old Bailey yesterday charged with manslaughter following the death of Michael Winn, who lived in Camden, on January 24, 2011.
He previously admitted injuring the child, then aged five weeks, in an attack in 1998 and was jailed for a year.
It is alleged that the injuries caused to the youngster in the initial assault had led to his death.
Young appeared for a brief hearing, during which he spoke only to confirm his name.
You may also want to watch:
He did not enter a plea and the case was adjourned to a date to be fixed later this year.
Young ceased to have any contact with his son following the 1998 attack and the boy was subsequently given up for adoption.
- 1 Keepers read bedtime 'tails' from London Zoo during closure
- 2 Jeremy Corbyn launches Peace and Justice Project with calls to action
- 3 Arsenal boss Arteta worried about player burnout
- 4 O2 Centre: developer Landsec 'looking to re-provide' Sainsbury's
- 5 Crouch End Vampires help feed homeless with soup kitchen fundraiser
- 6 Arsenal column: Granit Xhaka the stand out performer since Boxing Day but some of his senior professionals continue to disappoint
- 7 Rebuilt Carlton Tavern will be 'heart of the community' say hopeful landlords
- 8 Is lockdown working in north London? Here's what the latest data tells us
- 9 West Hampstead restaurant cooks for NHS carers
- 10 Lord's Cricket Ground used as Covid-19 vaccination centre
Young, of Glasgow Road in Wishaw, Lanarkshire, has yet to enter a plea to a single count of manslaughter.
He is on conditional bail ahead of the next court hearing.