Father accused of killing 12-year-old son from Camden by shaking him when a baby
- Credit: central news
A father has been accused of killing his 12-year-old son by violently shaking him when he was a five week old baby.
Allan Young, 35, appeared at the Old Bailey yesterday charged with manslaughter following the death of Michael Winn, who lived in Camden, on January 24, 2011.
He previously admitted injuring the child, then aged five weeks, in an attack in 1998 and was jailed for a year.
It is alleged that the injuries caused to the youngster in the initial assault had led to his death.
Young appeared for a brief hearing, during which he spoke only to confirm his name.
You may also want to watch:
He did not enter a plea and the case was adjourned to a date to be fixed later this year.
Young ceased to have any contact with his son following the 1998 attack and the boy was subsequently given up for adoption.
- 1 Hundreds gather on Primrose Hill to mourn Nicole Hurley
- 2 Hundreds arrested after police crackdown on county lines
- 3 Primrose Hill candlelight vigil to celebrate life of Nicole Hurley
- 4 Hampstead Miss Universe GB finalist champions mixed-heritage representation
- 5 Jailed: Man who murdered friend Jack Ampadu in Kentish Town
- 6 Kentish Town teen creates football team to 'bring community together'
- 7 Northern Line tube 'assault': CCTV images released of two women
- 8 Guilty: Kentish Town man convicted of murdering Jack Ampadu
- 9 'Let's save The Victoria pub in Highgate'
- 10 Man charged with murder of Nicole Hurley in Primrose Hill
Young, of Glasgow Road in Wishaw, Lanarkshire, has yet to enter a plea to a single count of manslaughter.
He is on conditional bail ahead of the next court hearing.