Father accused of killing 12-year-old son from Camden by shaking him when a baby
- Credit: central news
A father has been accused of killing his 12-year-old son by violently shaking him when he was a five week old baby.
Allan Young, 35, appeared at the Old Bailey yesterday charged with manslaughter following the death of Michael Winn, who lived in Camden, on January 24, 2011.
He previously admitted injuring the child, then aged five weeks, in an attack in 1998 and was jailed for a year.
It is alleged that the injuries caused to the youngster in the initial assault had led to his death.
Young appeared for a brief hearing, during which he spoke only to confirm his name.
You may also want to watch:
He did not enter a plea and the case was adjourned to a date to be fixed later this year.
Young ceased to have any contact with his son following the 1998 attack and the boy was subsequently given up for adoption.
- 1 Tottenham squad is slowly taking shape but uncertainty remains
- 2 Spoiler: Cycling up Haverstock Hill is hard work
- 3 Thames Water 'sorry' after Finchley Road diversion sees cars damaged
- 4 North London floods return – with South End Green deluged again
- 5 Arsenal complete signing of Norweigan midfielder Frida Maanum
- 6 Piers Plowright obituary: BBC and Hampstead star dies at 83
- 7 Ken Clarke's anger at 'pointless' Infected Blood Inquiry questions
- 8 'Body blow': Crouch End NatWest bank to close
- 9 Source Bulk Foods health store opens in Crouch End
- 10 West Heath Road flats set for approval – despite affordable housing dispute
Young, of Glasgow Road in Wishaw, Lanarkshire, has yet to enter a plea to a single count of manslaughter.
He is on conditional bail ahead of the next court hearing.