Father accused of killing 12-year-old son from Camden by shaking him when a baby
- Credit: central news
A father has been accused of killing his 12-year-old son by violently shaking him when he was a five week old baby.
Allan Young, 35, appeared at the Old Bailey yesterday charged with manslaughter following the death of Michael Winn, who lived in Camden, on January 24, 2011.
He previously admitted injuring the child, then aged five weeks, in an attack in 1998 and was jailed for a year.
It is alleged that the injuries caused to the youngster in the initial assault had led to his death.
Young appeared for a brief hearing, during which he spoke only to confirm his name.
You may also want to watch:
He did not enter a plea and the case was adjourned to a date to be fixed later this year.
Young ceased to have any contact with his son following the 1998 attack and the boy was subsequently given up for adoption.
- 1 Camden's Levertons to arrange the funeral of Prince Philip on April 17
- 2 Primrose Hill to close at night this weekend after antisocial behaviour
- 3 The questions council 'must answer' after spending £23m on £10m office
- 4 Hampstead, Highgate and Primrose Hill beer gardens reopening on April 12
- 5 Calls for law change after Highgate School sexual abuse allegations
- 6 Arteta: Arsenal have 'responsibility' to qualify for Europe
- 7 This destruction of a woodland site must be halted
- 8 Nazanin Zaghari-Ratcliffe: Wait for second verdict could last 'until Easter'
- 9 How a 'terrifying' Hampstead spree of robberies was brought to an end
- 10 Prince Philip remembered in pictures: London Zoo visits and trips to the theatre
Young, of Glasgow Road in Wishaw, Lanarkshire, has yet to enter a plea to a single count of manslaughter.
He is on conditional bail ahead of the next court hearing.