Ex-Man Utd star Eric Cantona arrested for assault in Primrose Hill
- Credit: PA Archive/Press Association Images
Former Manchester United star Eric Cantona has been arrested and cautioned for assaulting a man in Primrose Hill.
Cantona, 47, was taken into custody by police after he assaulted a man in the street in Regent’s Park Road at 12.55pm yesterday.
In a statement, the Metropolitan Police said: “Officers from Camden borough attended and a man in his mid-40s was arrested on suspicion of common assault.
“He was taken into custody and subsequently cautioned for common assault.
“The victim, a man, did not require medical assistance at the scene.”
You may also want to watch:
The retired footballer was banned from the sport for eight months and convicted for assault after he kung fu kicked and punched a fan in 1995.
- 1 Jeremy Corbyn launches Peace and Justice Project with calls to action
- 2 Arsenal 'showing maturity' says David Luiz
- 3 Is lockdown working in north London? Here's what the latest data tells us
- 4 Homeschooling in lockdown: Top tips for a north London parent
- 5 Joan Bakewell fires legal threat to government over second Covid jab
- 6 O2 Centre: developer Landsec 'looking to re-provide' Sainsbury's
- 7 Ozil set for Arsenal exit
- 8 More goals, less mistakes needed says Spurs boss Mourinho
- 9 Royal Free's critical care beds 98pc full as Covid-19 cases top 500
- 10 Letters: Local business, vaccination, Abacus and The Ponds