Ex-Man Utd star Eric Cantona arrested for assault in Primrose Hill
- Credit: PA Archive/Press Association Images
Former Manchester United star Eric Cantona has been arrested and cautioned for assaulting a man in Primrose Hill.
Cantona, 47, was taken into custody by police after he assaulted a man in the street in Regent’s Park Road at 12.55pm yesterday.
In a statement, the Metropolitan Police said: “Officers from Camden borough attended and a man in his mid-40s was arrested on suspicion of common assault.
“He was taken into custody and subsequently cautioned for common assault.
“The victim, a man, did not require medical assistance at the scene.”
You may also want to watch:
The retired footballer was banned from the sport for eight months and convicted for assault after he kung fu kicked and punched a fan in 1995.
- 1 Developer's plan for six houses in old pub car park in Highgate Hill
- 2 Nazanin may become 'bargaining chip' in Iran nuclear deal, warns husband
- 3 Woman dies after house fire in Muswell Hill
- 4 Arsenal hit Gillingham for ten in FA Cup
- 5 Camden's Levertons to arrange the funeral of Prince Philip on April 17
- 6 Arteta: Arsenal have to win these games or face consequence
- 7 Helen McCrory: 'Mighty' Tufnell Park actress dies aged 52
- 8 Hampstead Literary Society launched - and looking for exciting writers
- 9 The Heath, exhaust theft, public access, Centene, the Streatery and more
- 10 Nazanin Zaghari-Ratcliffe: Wait for second verdict could last 'until Easter'