Ex-Man Utd star Eric Cantona arrested for assault in Primrose Hill
- Credit: PA Archive/Press Association Images
Former Manchester United star Eric Cantona has been arrested and cautioned for assaulting a man in Primrose Hill.
Cantona, 47, was taken into custody by police after he assaulted a man in the street in Regent’s Park Road at 12.55pm yesterday.
In a statement, the Metropolitan Police said: “Officers from Camden borough attended and a man in his mid-40s was arrested on suspicion of common assault.
“He was taken into custody and subsequently cautioned for common assault.
“The victim, a man, did not require medical assistance at the scene.”
You may also want to watch:
The retired footballer was banned from the sport for eight months and convicted for assault after he kung fu kicked and punched a fan in 1995.
- 1 Swimmers find exotic python lurking outside lido
- 2 Curious Crouch End: From Mrs Hitler to the 'The Hornsey Revolution'
- 3 North London police officer suspended and charged with theft
- 4 'Decades of cycling infrastructure progress in just a year'
- 5 'Unacceptable': Fury over Crouch End roadworks diverting W5 bus
- 6 Squares Pizzeria: Authentic Italian meets effortless elegance
- 7 Objectors fear housing plans threaten chance of Highgate pub return
- 8 MP bemoans closure of Lloyds Bank in Muswell Hill
- 9 Christmas trees and lights set for Hampstead return
- 10 Heroic walker who raised thousands for charity dies aged 101