Ex-Man Utd star Eric Cantona arrested for assault in Primrose Hill
- Credit: PA Archive/Press Association Images
Former Manchester United star Eric Cantona has been arrested and cautioned for assaulting a man in Primrose Hill.
Cantona, 47, was taken into custody by police after he assaulted a man in the street in Regent’s Park Road at 12.55pm yesterday.
In a statement, the Metropolitan Police said: “Officers from Camden borough attended and a man in his mid-40s was arrested on suspicion of common assault.
“He was taken into custody and subsequently cautioned for common assault.
“The victim, a man, did not require medical assistance at the scene.”
You may also want to watch:
The retired footballer was banned from the sport for eight months and convicted for assault after he kung fu kicked and punched a fan in 1995.
- 1 Anger over Thames Water and Westminster Council's flash floods response
- 2 Piers Plowright obituary: BBC and Hampstead star dies at 83
- 3 Man charged with indecent exposure and voyeurism in West Hampstead
- 4 'Something out of Blade Runner?' BT eyes screen near cinema
- 5 O2 Centre: Developer says it 'will listen' but still aiming for 1,900 homes
- 6 Hampstead 'business hero' honoured for work with Soho Dairy street stall
- 7 CQC says Royal Free 'comprehensively responded' to maternity issues
- 8 Camden councillors rally against constituency boundary changes
- 9 Suburb couple start canal concerts with afternoon tea
- 10 Convicted terrorist sent back to jail after bin lorry breach