Euston Street murder: Man who died in hotel lobby after being stabbed named as Bright Akinlele
- Credit: met
The 22-year-old man who was stabbed to death in Euston has been named by police as Bright Akinlele.
Mr Akinlele had been stabbed multiple times when he walked into the lobby of the Wesley Hotel in Euston Street, Camden at 10.44pm on Monday and collapsed.
Hotel staff called paramedics who tried to save his life, but he was pronounced dead 45 minutes later.
Four men and seven women, aged from 19 to 28, were arrested that night in Camden on suspicion of his murder.
A postmortem examination carried out yesterday found the cause of his death to be a stab wound to the leg.
You may also want to watch:
Mr Akinlele’s next of kin have been informed but formal identification has not yet taken place.
All 11 arrested have been released on bail to return in March pending further enquiries.
- 1 Muswell Hill man captures picture of car bursting into flames in high street
- 2 Primrose Hill 'Howloween' party to support rescue dogs
- 3 'Forever grateful': Community steps up after man's dog dies on Hampstead Heath
- 4 Muswell Hill couple slam planning laws as chipboard outhouse appears
- 5 Flick Rea: Community celebrates 'Empress of West Hampstead'
- 6 Coldplay and Ed Sheeran to perform at Earthshot Prize ceremony at Ally Pally
- 7 Supermarkets report shortages as shelves left empty
- 8 Tributes paid to Primrose Hill mother-of-four as fundraiser launched
- 9 'Unacceptable': Ofsted inspection reveals failures of Haringey Council SEND
- 10 Man charged with murder of Nicole Hurley in Primrose Hill
A murder investigation has been launched by detectives from the Met’s murder squad.
Anyone who witnessed the incident or the events immediately following the attack, is asked to call the incident room on 0208 358 0400, or to call Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.