Elderly woman left shaken and bruised after “callous” attack in Kentish Town
- Credit: PA Wire/Press Association Images
An 80-year-old pensioner was viciously attacked outside her Kentish Town home by a group of “callous” youths after she asked them to keep the noise down.
The elderly victim was shoved to the ground by one girl who was part of a gang hanging around the stairwell of a communal block of flats in Bassett Street, Kentish Town.
She was left “very shaken” and had to be treated for severe bruising to her right arm and elbow in the attack last Wednesday.
Detectives described how as the pensioner arrived home at around 11:20am on Wednesday and let herself into the block, two women and a man came in behind her.
“The group were unknown to the victim and she asked them who they had come to visit, one of them replied stating they had come to see a family member
You may also want to watch:
“The victim made her way up to the top floor and the group were seen to hang around the stairwell causing a noise nuisance,” said a police spokesman.
He said: “She told them to keep quiet and a female from the group then made her way up to her floor and confronted her, pushing the victim to the floor.”
- 1 Camden's Levertons to arrange the funeral of Prince Philip on April 17
- 2 Royal Free ITU nurse who swapped the Caribbean for a Covid ward
- 3 Primrose Hill to close at night this weekend after antisocial behaviour
- 4 The questions council 'must answer' after spending £23m on £10m office
- 5 Arteta: Arsenal have 'responsibility' to qualify for Europe
- 6 Hampstead, Highgate and Primrose Hill beer gardens reopening on April 12
- 7 Nazanin Zaghari-Ratcliffe: Wait for second verdict could last 'until Easter'
- 8 Calls for law change after Highgate School sexual abuse allegations
- 9 How a 'terrifying' Hampstead spree of robberies was brought to an end
- 10 Hampstead to trial unobtrusive electric vehicle charging points
“Before the victim entered her flat she told them to keep quiet and a female from the group then made her way up to her floor and confronted her, pushing the victim to the floor. The group then fled the scene.”
The woman was treated at the scene by an ambulance crew and did not require hospital treatment.
Detective Constable Adele Joyner, from Camden CID, said: “This was a callous act and the victim sustained extensive bruising to her right arm and elbow. Thankfully, her injuries were not serious but understandably she is very shaken by what happened.
“We have conducted enquiries within the block and the local area and we are now calling on the public to help trace those responsible,” she said.
Police have issued a description of the suspects. Suspect one is a white female, mid 20s, with a ‘skinny’ face. She was wearing a black three-quarter length hooded coat with the hood up.
Suspect two is a white female, of stout build with long blonde hair.
The third suspect is a white male who spoke with an Irish accent. He was wearing a black hooded top with the hood up and black trousers.
Anyone with information should call Camden CID on 020 8733 6588 or 101. Or call Crimestoppers on 0800 555 111.