Elderly woman injured in attack by knife-wielding mugger on Hampstead Heath
A 79-year-old woman suffered a cut to her finger after she was attacked by a knife-wielding robber on Hampstead Heath.
The suspect crept up on his elderly victim before putting his hand over her mouth last Wednesday (November 28) at 1pm.
He led her off a public footpath near Whitestone Pond and ransacked her handbag. He snatched �20 before making off.
It is the latest incident in a spate of violent attacks on the Heath last month.
Det Con Phil Wilkins from Camden Police said: “This was a violent and unprovoked attack where the male suspect has targeted an elderly female victim.
You may also want to watch:
“It’s a sickening crime and I would ask anyone with any information to please contact police so that we can locate the male responsible.”
Anyone with information is asked to call Camden Police on 101 or anonymously through Crimestoppers on 0800 555 111.
- 1 Camden's Levertons to arrange the funeral of Prince Philip on April 17
- 2 Lockdown easing April 12 live updates: North London shops and pubs reopen
- 3 'It's a godsend': Hampstead pubs and shops back serving the community
- 4 Royal Free ITU nurse who swapped the Caribbean for a Covid ward
- 5 'Silver lining of lockdown': Blockheads saxophonist brings Muswell Hill cheer
- 6 Locals celebrate as the Carlton Tavern finally re-opens
- 7 Nazanin Zaghari-Ratcliffe: Wait for second verdict could last 'until Easter'
- 8 Primrose Hill to close at night this weekend after antisocial behaviour
- 9 Hampstead, Highgate and Primrose Hill beer gardens reopening on April 12
- 10 The questions council 'must answer' after spending £23m on £10m office