Elderly woman injured in attack by knife-wielding mugger on Hampstead Heath
A 79-year-old woman suffered a cut to her finger after she was attacked by a knife-wielding robber on Hampstead Heath.
The suspect crept up on his elderly victim before putting his hand over her mouth last Wednesday (November 28) at 1pm.
He led her off a public footpath near Whitestone Pond and ransacked her handbag. He snatched �20 before making off.
It is the latest incident in a spate of violent attacks on the Heath last month.
Det Con Phil Wilkins from Camden Police said: “This was a violent and unprovoked attack where the male suspect has targeted an elderly female victim.
You may also want to watch:
“It’s a sickening crime and I would ask anyone with any information to please contact police so that we can locate the male responsible.”
Anyone with information is asked to call Camden Police on 101 or anonymously through Crimestoppers on 0800 555 111.
- 1 'Picture of health': Mum's tribute to son who died of sudden cardiac arrest
- 2 Piers Plowright: 'An extraordinary force, devoted to Hampstead'
- 3 The Vagina Museum searches for new home as Camden Market leases end
- 4 Tennis coach 'distraught' at losing Belsize role amid club row
- 5 Haverstock Hill cycle lanes given the green light
- 6 Police investigate reported rape of teenager
- 7 Clapped in the street - and assaulted: Staff call for behaviour change in A&E
- 8 Barnet Council called in bailiffs over non-existent council tax bill
- 9 London Zoo's aviary unwrapped to create new monkey home
- 10 Ken Clarke's Infected Blood Inquiry words were 'offensive' – campaigners