Elderly victim fighting for life after Camden robbery named
- Credit: Archant
An 87-year-old woman fighting for her life after being robbed in Camden has been named as Stella Magarshack.
Ms Magarshack was returning from grocery shopping when a man followed her into the Albert Street communal flats where she lives.
After asking who he was there to see, the man snatched the victim’s bag and fled at speed.
The woman, a former art teacher and keen artist, then went upstairs to tell a relative but soon collapsed after the robbery on Tuesday at about 8pm.
She was taken in a critical condition to a north London hospital, where she remains.
You may also want to watch:
No arrest have been made, but the suspect is described as a tall black man.
Det Insp Adam Ghaboos, from Camden CID, said: “This was a nasty robbery which has left an elderly lady fighting for her life. Our thoughts are with the victim and her family and friends during this difficult time.”
- 1 Guilty: Kentish Town man convicted of murdering Jack Ampadu
- 2 Man, 26, stabbed in Camden 'fight'
- 3 David Amess murder: Met searches London addresses
- 4 'Heart of the community': Muswell Hill Library celebrates 90 years
- 5 West Hampstead Women's Institute celebrates 10-year milestone
- 6 Tributes paid to Primrose Hill mother-of-four as fundraiser launched
- 7 Gay music hall icon Fred Barnes to be honoured with Maida Vale plaque
- 8 Man charged with murder of Nicole Hurley in Primrose Hill
- 9 Coldplay and Ed Sheeran to perform at Earthshot Prize ceremony at Ally Pally
- 10 'Forever grateful': Community steps up after man's dog dies on Hampstead Heath
He added: “We are determined to find the person responsible and we would urge any witnesses or anyone with information to contact the police or Crimestoppers as soon as possible.”
Any witnesses or anyone with information should call police on 101 or Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111