Elderly victim fighting for life after Camden robbery named
- Credit: Archant
An 87-year-old woman fighting for her life after being robbed in Camden has been named as Stella Magarshack.
Ms Magarshack was returning from grocery shopping when a man followed her into the Albert Street communal flats where she lives.
After asking who he was there to see, the man snatched the victim’s bag and fled at speed.
The woman, a former art teacher and keen artist, then went upstairs to tell a relative but soon collapsed after the robbery on Tuesday at about 8pm.
She was taken in a critical condition to a north London hospital, where she remains.
No arrest have been made, but the suspect is described as a tall black man.
Det Insp Adam Ghaboos, from Camden CID, said: “This was a nasty robbery which has left an elderly lady fighting for her life. Our thoughts are with the victim and her family and friends during this difficult time.”
- 1 Barnet: Three arrested as victim of fatal stabbing named
- 2 Covid-19: Hospital admissions and bed occupancy continue to fall
- 3 What is the rare 'monkeypox' being treated at the Royal Free?
- 4 TfL: Revamped Northern line latest addition to ever-improving network
- 5 Court: Disciplinary rules not followed in 'unfair' sacking, lawyer suggests
- 6 Businesses hail return of Highgate's Fair in the Square
- 7 Barnet: Two men charged following fatal High Road stabbing
- 8 Warnings issued after four fox clubs found stuck in old car wheels
- 9 Man in his 30s stabbed to death
- 10 St John's Wood nursery 'requires improvement' after surprise Ofsted visit
He added: “We are determined to find the person responsible and we would urge any witnesses or anyone with information to contact the police or Crimestoppers as soon as possible.”
Any witnesses or anyone with information should call police on 101 or Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111