Edgware Road stabbing: Teenager attacked in street fight
A 16-year-old boy was rushed to hospital with heavy bleeding after he was stabbed in the leg during a fight in Edgware Road yesterday (Thursday January 12).
Police officers on routine patrol were alerted to a fight at the junction with Broadley Street at about 5.20pm.
They intervened immediately and found the boy bleeding heavily from a wound to his thigh.
The victim was taken to hospital where he remains in a stable condition.
Police recovered a knife from the scene and arrested a 16-year-old boy on suspicion of grievous bodily harm. He remains in custody in a central London police station.
You may also want to watch:
Police say they do not believe the incident is related to gang activity. Much of Edgware Road was cordoned off for the afternoon while police officers investigated the incident.
Anyone with information should call Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.
- 1 Spot the '90s pop stars in the Never Mind the Buzzcocks identity parade
- 2 How did a double-decker bus crash straight into a Crouch End house?
- 3 'It's devastating': Golders Green mother speaks out about rare genetic disease
- 4 Explore 8 of north London's prettiest streets
- 5 Man jailed for rape of young girl in north London 40 years ago
- 6 Four charged following reports of antisemitism in St John's Wood
- 7 'The Bell of Hampstead': New pub to take over Cork and Bottle site
- 8 Theatre review: Crouch End and Upminster collide in modern love story
- 9 'Family unit': 28 Church Row wins readers' favourite restaurant
- 10 'Lobster-like creature' pulled from Hampstead Heath ladies' pond