Edgware Road stabbing: Teenager attacked in street fight
A 16-year-old boy was rushed to hospital with heavy bleeding after he was stabbed in the leg during a fight in Edgware Road yesterday (Thursday January 12).
Police officers on routine patrol were alerted to a fight at the junction with Broadley Street at about 5.20pm.
They intervened immediately and found the boy bleeding heavily from a wound to his thigh.
The victim was taken to hospital where he remains in a stable condition.
Police recovered a knife from the scene and arrested a 16-year-old boy on suspicion of grievous bodily harm. He remains in custody in a central London police station.
Police say they do not believe the incident is related to gang activity. Much of Edgware Road was cordoned off for the afternoon while police officers investigated the incident.
Anyone with information should call Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.
- 1 The most expensive homes sold in Haringey in November 2021
- 2 Air ambulance mobilised as boy, 15, knifed in South Hampstead
- 3 'We don't need to drink more coffee' say cafés as Joe & The Juice moves in
- 4 'We're proud of what we do': Kossoffs celebrates six months in Kentish Town
- 5 Cops swoop on cannabis farm rumoured to be 'largest ever' busted in Haringey
- 6 3,000 new council homes for Haringey over next ten years
- 7 Fundraising year begins at William IV pub in Hampstead
- 8 Italian sandwich shop opens in a Hampstead telephone box
- 9 The man who wants to put trains among the trees from Muswell Hill to Highgate
- 10 Roadworks and rail disruptions in north London over the next week