East Finchley: Teenage moped rider crashes after collision with police car
- Credit: Archant
A 17-year-old moped rider was rushed to hospital after a police chase resulted in a crash in East Finchley.
A police car was in collision with a moped on the A406 North Circular Road with the High Road just before 5pm yesterday.
Officers were looking to stop the rider, one of four mopeds in the group, but are not able to give the reasons why at this stage, they said.
The three other mopeds briefly stopped at the scene then sped off.
The 17-year-old sustained a leg injury in the crash and was taken to hospital by ambulance crews.
You may also want to watch:
He has not been arrested.
A spokesman said: “As is routine in such cases, officers from the directorate of professional standards have been informed.
- 1 Royal Free's critical care beds 98pc full as Covid-19 cases top 500
- 2 Hospital staff describe 'distressing' battle against rising Covid cases
- 3 Is lockdown working in north London? Here's what the latest data tells us
- 4 Joan Bakewell fires legal threat to government over second Covid jab
- 5 Mikel Arteta 'excited' by Arsenal's appointment of Richard Garlick
- 6 Camden man charged with prostitution offences and sexual exploitation
- 7 Lord's Cricket Ground used as Covid-19 vaccination centre
- 8 One in ten people without symptoms Covid positive at Haringey centres
- 9 Housing: Billionaire owner of 'squalid shoeboxes' must 'up its game'
- 10 Royal Mail delays in Hornsey 'could see Covid-19 vaccination letters missed'
“We are not able to provide further information as to the reason for the stop at this stage.”
Anyone who witnessed the collision is asked to call officers from the Met’s Roads and Transport Policing Command via 101.