East Finchley: Teenage moped rider crashes after collision with police car
- Credit: Archant
A 17-year-old moped rider was rushed to hospital after a police chase resulted in a crash in East Finchley.
A police car was in collision with a moped on the A406 North Circular Road with the High Road just before 5pm yesterday.
Officers were looking to stop the rider, one of four mopeds in the group, but are not able to give the reasons why at this stage, they said.
The three other mopeds briefly stopped at the scene then sped off.
The 17-year-old sustained a leg injury in the crash and was taken to hospital by ambulance crews.
You may also want to watch:
He has not been arrested.
A spokesman said: “As is routine in such cases, officers from the directorate of professional standards have been informed.
- 1 Muswell Hill man captures picture of car bursting into flames in high street
- 2 West Hampstead mum Nazanin 'loses appeal' in Iran
- 3 'Forever grateful': Community steps up after man's dog dies on Hampstead Heath
- 4 Primrose Hill 'Howloween' party to support rescue dogs
- 5 Tributes paid to Primrose Hill mother-of-four as fundraiser launched
- 6 The Outsider: Residents take aim at plans for high street pub
- 7 Muswell Hill couple slam planning laws as chipboard outhouse appears
- 8 Man charged with murder of Nicole Hurley in Primrose Hill
- 9 Coldplay and Ed Sheeran to perform at Earthshot Prize ceremony at Ally Pally
- 10 Flick Rea: Community celebrates 'Empress of West Hampstead'
“We are not able to provide further information as to the reason for the stop at this stage.”
Anyone who witnessed the collision is asked to call officers from the Met’s Roads and Transport Policing Command via 101.