East Finchley: Teenage moped rider crashes after collision with police car
- Credit: Archant
A 17-year-old moped rider was rushed to hospital after a police chase resulted in a crash in East Finchley.
A police car was in collision with a moped on the A406 North Circular Road with the High Road just before 5pm yesterday.
Officers were looking to stop the rider, one of four mopeds in the group, but are not able to give the reasons why at this stage, they said.
The three other mopeds briefly stopped at the scene then sped off.
The 17-year-old sustained a leg injury in the crash and was taken to hospital by ambulance crews.
You may also want to watch:
He has not been arrested.
A spokesman said: “As is routine in such cases, officers from the directorate of professional standards have been informed.
- 1 Nazanin may become 'bargaining chip' in Iran nuclear deal, warns husband
- 2 'Silver lining of lockdown': Blockheads saxophonist brings Muswell Hill cheer
- 3 Camden's Levertons to arrange the funeral of Prince Philip on April 17
- 4 Highgate reopens: Pubs and salons 'elated' to be back as lockdown eases
- 5 Wac Arts: West End stars among ex-students who can 'no longer endorse' charity
- 6 Child artworks breathe life into Hampstead Heath and Gospel Oak bridge
- 7 'It's a godsend': Hampstead pubs and shops back serving the community
- 8 Column: Major changes expected at Tottenham in the summer?
- 9 Crackdown on 'blue badge' disability parking fraud in Haringey
- 10 For sale: Edwardian home in East Finchley with south-facing garden
“We are not able to provide further information as to the reason for the stop at this stage.”
Anyone who witnessed the collision is asked to call officers from the Met’s Roads and Transport Policing Command via 101.