East Finchley: Teenage moped rider crashes after collision with police car
- Credit: Archant
A 17-year-old moped rider was rushed to hospital after a police chase resulted in a crash in East Finchley.
A police car was in collision with a moped on the A406 North Circular Road with the High Road just before 5pm yesterday.
Officers were looking to stop the rider, one of four mopeds in the group, but are not able to give the reasons why at this stage, they said.
The three other mopeds briefly stopped at the scene then sped off.
The 17-year-old sustained a leg injury in the crash and was taken to hospital by ambulance crews.
You may also want to watch:
He has not been arrested.
A spokesman said: “As is routine in such cases, officers from the directorate of professional standards have been informed.
- 1 North London floods return – with South End Green deluged again
- 2 'The euphoria felt like the Summer of Love' – Kaleidoscope at Ally Pally
- 3 Callum Chambers could be Arsenal's starting right-back
- 4 'Like the Fleet's resurfaced': Flash flooding hits Hampstead and Highgate
- 5 Arsenal signing Simone Boye Sorensen says she needed a 'new start'
- 6 'Wartime spirit' as residents save shops from flash floods
- 7 Haverstock Hill cycle lanes set for approval by Camden Council – again
- 8 Flash floods 'three feet high' leave basement flats 'uninhabitable'
- 9 On the fringe: Great shows in north London this summer
- 10 5 great places in north London to get away from the summer crowds
“We are not able to provide further information as to the reason for the stop at this stage.”
Anyone who witnessed the collision is asked to call officers from the Met’s Roads and Transport Policing Command via 101.