East Finchley: Teenage moped rider crashes after collision with police car
- Credit: Archant
A 17-year-old moped rider was rushed to hospital after a police chase resulted in a crash in East Finchley.
A police car was in collision with a moped on the A406 North Circular Road with the High Road just before 5pm yesterday.
Officers were looking to stop the rider, one of four mopeds in the group, but are not able to give the reasons why at this stage, they said.
The three other mopeds briefly stopped at the scene then sped off.
The 17-year-old sustained a leg injury in the crash and was taken to hospital by ambulance crews.
He has not been arrested.
A spokesman said: “As is routine in such cases, officers from the directorate of professional standards have been informed.
- 1 Single evokes lockdown 'fairytale' camp on Hampstead Heath
- 2 Motorcyclist injured in Highgate Hill collision
- 3 Man in his 30s stabbed to death
- 4 Hampstead pharmacy under investigation over extra charges for prescriptions
- 5 'Lianne La Havas gets big love from Koko crowd'
- 6 'The law isn't important to us': Car tyres deflated by activists in Camden
- 7 Call to make road safer after car crash between Highgate and Crouch End
- 8 Nazanin 'lived in the shadow' of prime minister's words
- 9 Hampstead school removes sanctioned oligarch's name from pavilion
- 10 Beloved father choked to death on cauliflower after Highgate Care Home 'neglect'
“We are not able to provide further information as to the reason for the stop at this stage.”
Anyone who witnessed the collision is asked to call officers from the Met’s Roads and Transport Policing Command via 101.