East Finchley double shooting: Suspect to face fifth murder trial
- Credit: Archant
A Cambridge Heath man will face a fifth trial over the killing of two members of the same family in East Finchley in 2016.
The Crown Prosecution Service has sought a retrial of Obina Ezeoke, now 27, but a date for the new trial has yet to be set.
The jury in his fourth trial were discharged without reaching a verdict last month when the coronavirus outbreak affected jurors.
Ezeoke, 27, of Jacquard Court, Bishops Way, Bethnal Green, is accused of killing Annie Besala Ekofo, 53, and her 21 year old nephew Bervil Kalikala-Ekofo in a pre-dawn attack on September 15 2016.
Bervil was shot dead while asleep at his aunt’s home in Elmshurt Crescent, East Finchley, before she herself was shot at point blank range when she disturbed the intruder.
You may also want to watch:
Ezeoke’s first trial collapsed after the sitting judge was forced to retire with a back injury, while the subsequent two both saw the jury discharged after failing to reach a verdict.
- 1 How Agatha Christie spent the war in Hampstead
- 2 The Magdala returns as pubs and restaurants reopen indoors on May 17
- 3 Bailed: Men arrested in connection with antisemitic abuse in St John's Wood
- 4 Teenage girls banned from Camden after Hampstead robbery spree
- 5 Burger King launches its first 'dark kitchen' for north London deliveries
- 6 'No one cares': Mother claims 'horrible' leaks and mould left ignored
- 7 Hampstead man 'scammed out of £700' by DPD worker
- 8 Barnet councillor leaves Tory group over 'personal matter'
- 9 Residents bid farewell to Highgate Station’s beloved black cat
- 10 Huge summer window awaits Daniel Levy at Tottenham Hotspur