East Finchley attempted rape: Police appeal for passer-by who saved girl to come forward
- Credit: Archant
After an attempted rape in East Finchley, police are calling for a man who intervened to protect the schoolgirl victim to come forward to help with their inquiries.
A 15-year-old was attacked on the approach to an alleway off The Causeway, when three males pinned her to a wall.
She was sexually assaulted, police said, with one male pulling his trousers down before the passer-by was able to intervene.
The police are now appealing for help with their inquiries.
They want to identify three black males they believe to be in their mid-to-late teens. One has black plaits, is around five foot 11 and was wearing a navy Nike coat. The other two were thought to be around five foot seven, and had black wavy hair and dark curly hair respectively.
The incident took place at around 5.30pm on October 7 this year.
You may also want to watch:
Pc Mary Fenton said: “I would like to reassure the community that these types of incidents are extremely rare and my team and I are working on all lines of enquiry to identify those responsible.”
Anyone that can assist police is asked to call 101 or tweet @MetCC and quote CAD6007/9Oct or contact Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.
- 1 Buyers launch legal action after £75k bill for flammable cladding
- 2 Developer's plan for six houses in old pub car park in Highgate Hill
- 3 Car crashes through South Hampstead garden wall - cyclist seriously injured
- 4 Abandoned burger trailer finally removed from Muswell Hill street
- 5 Senior councillors knew of chance to buy office block for £12m less than they paid
- 6 The Heath, exhaust theft, public access, Centene, the Streatery and more
- 7 Nazanin may become 'bargaining chip' in Iran nuclear deal, warns husband
- 8 Woman dies after house fire in Muswell Hill
- 9 Helen McCrory: 'Mighty' Tufnell Park actor dies aged 52
- 10 Boy George and Bananarama join Kenwood 2021 concert line up