E-fit of man wanted in connection with Hampstead Garden Suburb sex attack
THIS is the e-fit of a man police urgently want to trace in connection with a sex attack on a girl in Hampstead Garden Suburb.
The victim was walking down an alleyway off Central Square, which links to Willifield Way, when she heard someone running up behind her.
She turned round and saw the suspect running towards her. He then pushed her to the ground and assaulted her before running off.
The girl then alerted a teacher at the Henrietta Barnett School who called police.
The incident happened at 3.40pm on Monday September 6. The suspect is described as a white man aged in his 20s of medium build and he was wearing black clothing and a black hat.
You may also want to watch:
Detective Inspector Caroline Haines of the Metropolitan Police Service Sapphire Command said: “Enquiries have been on-going into this assault and we are now releasing an e-fit of the suspect to assist our investigation.
“If anyone thinks they recognise the person in the picture I would ask them to contact us in the strictest of confidence.
- 1 Lane closure scrapped after high pollution readings double
- 2 Falling stonework narrowly misses outdoor diners at Crouch End cafe
- 3 British fencing great Richard Kruse announces retirement
- 4 Owner mourns Highgate station’s beloved black cat
- 5 Hampstead man jailed for pub 'revenge attack' on Jewish Tory barrister
- 6 Haringey Council leader ousted by rival in Labour group vote
- 7 Hampstead bakery sells challah hearts for Mental Health Awareness Week
- 8 New Indian restaurant Ritu to replace Yasmeen Kitchen in St John's Wood
- 9 Camden shouldn't ignore residents, but we need low-traffic neighbourhoods
- 10 Obituary: 'Striking and beautiful' north London mother Mary Collins
“We continue to fully support the victim and the borough are working closely with the school and community to provide reassurance to those affected or concerned by this assault.”
Anyone with information is asked to call the Sapphire Unit on 020-8733 5062 or Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.
o A 29-year-old man was arrested in connection with this incident on Sunday September 12 but no further action was taken.