E-fit of man wanted in connection with Hampstead Garden Suburb sex attack
THIS is the e-fit of a man police urgently want to trace in connection with a sex attack on a girl in Hampstead Garden Suburb.
The victim was walking down an alleyway off Central Square, which links to Willifield Way, when she heard someone running up behind her.
She turned round and saw the suspect running towards her. He then pushed her to the ground and assaulted her before running off.
The girl then alerted a teacher at the Henrietta Barnett School who called police.
The incident happened at 3.40pm on Monday September 6. The suspect is described as a white man aged in his 20s of medium build and he was wearing black clothing and a black hat.
You may also want to watch:
Detective Inspector Caroline Haines of the Metropolitan Police Service Sapphire Command said: “Enquiries have been on-going into this assault and we are now releasing an e-fit of the suspect to assist our investigation.
“If anyone thinks they recognise the person in the picture I would ask them to contact us in the strictest of confidence.
- 1 Explore 8 of north London's prettiest streets
- 2 O2 Centre redevelopment: Decision draws on Camden planning guidance
- 3 'Family unit': 28 Church Row wins readers' favourite restaurant
- 4 Crouch End salesman who nursed mum runs marathon for Diabetes UK
- 5 'The Bell of Hampstead': New pub to take over Cork and Bottle site
- 6 Anger as second audit into £23m 'Mary Celeste' office block is delayed
- 7 'Survived the storm': West Hampstead's The Alliance Pub wins reader's poll
- 8 Free festival to take over the streets of Camden
- 9 Haringey Green Lanes flat fire sees 40 firefighters tackle blaze
- 10 Christmas at Kenwood: 'Winter wonderland' primed for Hampstead Heath
“We continue to fully support the victim and the borough are working closely with the school and community to provide reassurance to those affected or concerned by this assault.”
Anyone with information is asked to call the Sapphire Unit on 020-8733 5062 or Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.
o A 29-year-old man was arrested in connection with this incident on Sunday September 12 but no further action was taken.