Drinkers at West Hampstead pub pay for funeral of stabbed barmaid
- Credit: Archant
Drinkers at a pub in West Hampstead have exceeded the fundraising target for an appeal to help repatriate the body of a former barmaid found stabbed to death at her home earlier this month.
Regulars came out in their droves to donate to a fund started by The Alliance Pub in Mill Lane to help the family of their former barmaid Natalia Czekaj.
The 34-year-old was found dead on January 6 after police were called to reports of a serious assault at her house in Edgware.
The Polish national was a popular barmaid at the Alliance and was described as a “kind and caring person” by pub staff.
After hearing her family were financially unable to pay for the return of the body, the pub began a fundraising appeal.
You may also want to watch:
A target to see them pay for the repatriation of the body was exceeded, reaching £8,400 – enough to also pay for the funeral.
In a statement the pub said: “This has truly brought to light a community full of kindness and generosity and we are truly thankful for your contributions, your kind words and all the support you have shown Natalia’s family.”
- 1 Camden's Levertons to arrange the funeral of Prince Philip on April 17
- 2 Primrose Hill to close at night this weekend after antisocial behaviour
- 3 The questions council 'must answer' after spending £23m on £10m office
- 4 Hampstead, Highgate and Primrose Hill beer gardens reopening on April 12
- 5 Royal Free ITU nurse who swapped the Caribbean for a Covid ward
- 6 Arteta: Arsenal have 'responsibility' to qualify for Europe
- 7 Calls for law change after Highgate School sexual abuse allegations
- 8 Nazanin Zaghari-Ratcliffe: Wait for second verdict could last 'until Easter'
- 9 This destruction of a woodland site must be halted
- 10 How a 'terrifying' Hampstead spree of robberies was brought to an end