Dominic Van Allen: Man jailed over firearm found in illegal Hampstead Heath underground camp on the run from prison
- Credit: Archant
The man who built an illegal “hide” underneath Hampstead Heath and lived there for months before being jailed for possessing a firearm has gone AWOL from an open prison in West Sussex.
Dominic Van Allen, 47, is now subject to a manhunt after absconding from Ford prison on October 15 at around 11.30am.
He is serving a five year sentence which was handed down on August 16 last year.
READ MORE: Dominic Van Allen jailed over homemade gun found on the Heath Van Allen’s makeshift camp on the Heath, and the weapon, was discovered by the Hampstead Heath Constabulary on November 11 2018.
Police described him as 5’10”, of medium build, with brown eyes and ginger cropped hair.
Van Allen has links to west and north London and the Met is helping Sussex Police with inquiries.
You may also want to watch:
Anyone who sees him is advised not to approach him, but to dial 999 immediately, quoting Sussex serial number 983 of October 15.
If you know of Van Allen’s whereabouts, you can also contact the independent charity Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111 or report it to them online.
- 1 London Zoo's aviary unwrapped to create new monkey home
- 2 Police investigate reported rape of teenager
- 3 Tennis coach 'distraught' at losing Belsize role amid club row
- 4 The situation in North London as Arsenal come up against Spurs
- 5 'Time for banks to share a Crouch End branch'
- 6 Car driver arrested after crash with van in Camden Town
- 7 'Safe and secure home' - Camden takes landlord to court over eviction threat
- 8 E-scooters set for Camden as council boss backs rental trial
- 9 Arsenal start pre-season with win over Chelsea but dealt blow with Jordan Nobbs injury
- 10 Harry Kane: Boyhood club cult status or chase that silverware?