Dominic Van Allen: Man jailed over firearm found in illegal Hampstead Heath underground camp on the run from prison
- Credit: Archant
The man who built an illegal “hide” underneath Hampstead Heath and lived there for months before being jailed for possessing a firearm has gone AWOL from an open prison in West Sussex.
Dominic Van Allen, 47, is now subject to a manhunt after absconding from Ford prison on October 15 at around 11.30am.
He is serving a five year sentence which was handed down on August 16 last year.
READ MORE: Dominic Van Allen jailed over homemade gun found on the Heath Van Allen’s makeshift camp on the Heath, and the weapon, was discovered by the Hampstead Heath Constabulary on November 11 2018.
Police described him as 5’10”, of medium build, with brown eyes and ginger cropped hair.
Van Allen has links to west and north London and the Met is helping Sussex Police with inquiries.
You may also want to watch:
Anyone who sees him is advised not to approach him, but to dial 999 immediately, quoting Sussex serial number 983 of October 15.
If you know of Van Allen’s whereabouts, you can also contact the independent charity Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111 or report it to them online.
- 1 'Family unit': 28 Church Row wins readers' favourite restaurant
- 2 Haringey Green Lanes flat fire sees 40 firefighters tackle blaze
- 3 O2 Centre redevelopment: Decision draws on Camden planning guidance
- 4 Crouch End salesman who nursed mum runs marathon for Diabetes UK
- 5 Explore 8 of north London's prettiest streets
- 6 'Lobster-like creature' pulled from Hampstead Heath ladies' pond
- 7 For sale: Suggs' former 'bachelor pad' with gold-gilded underground bar
- 8 Anger as second audit into £23m 'Mary Celeste' office block is delayed
- 9 Met Office issues yellow warning for heavy showers in London
- 10 Free festival to take over the streets of Camden