Dominic Van Allen: Man jailed over firearm found in illegal Hampstead Heath underground camp on the run from prison
- Credit: Archant
The man who built an illegal “hide” underneath Hampstead Heath and lived there for months before being jailed for possessing a firearm has gone AWOL from an open prison in West Sussex.
Dominic Van Allen, 47, is now subject to a manhunt after absconding from Ford prison on October 15 at around 11.30am.
He is serving a five year sentence which was handed down on August 16 last year.
READ MORE: Dominic Van Allen jailed over homemade gun found on the Heath Van Allen’s makeshift camp on the Heath, and the weapon, was discovered by the Hampstead Heath Constabulary on November 11 2018.
Police described him as 5’10”, of medium build, with brown eyes and ginger cropped hair.
Van Allen has links to west and north London and the Met is helping Sussex Police with inquiries.
You may also want to watch:
Anyone who sees him is advised not to approach him, but to dial 999 immediately, quoting Sussex serial number 983 of October 15.
If you know of Van Allen’s whereabouts, you can also contact the independent charity Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111 or report it to them online.
- 1 Is lockdown working in north London? Here's what the latest data tells us
- 2 Royal Free's critical care beds 98pc full as Covid-19 cases top 500
- 3 Joan Bakewell fires legal threat to government over second Covid jab
- 4 Hospital staff describe 'distressing' battle against rising Covid cases
- 5 Camden man charged with prostitution offences and sexual exploitation
- 6 Mikel Arteta 'excited' by Arsenal's appointment of Richard Garlick
- 7 Lord's Cricket Ground used as Covid-19 vaccination centre
- 8 Housing: Billionaire owner of 'squalid shoeboxes' must 'up its game'
- 9 Royal Mail delays in Hornsey 'could see Covid-19 vaccination letters missed'
- 10 One in ten people without symptoms Covid positive at Haringey centres